where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Jhon Rengifo
Jhon Rengifo
08:03 Oct-28-2004
Looking for a transducer/wedge for surface waves in steel

Hello.

I am looking for a transducer/wedge to generate surface waves on a stainless steel rod of around 3 feet long and 1 inch diameter. I am more interested in high sensitivity than in a high resolution, anyway I was thinking in a 1 MHz center frequency transducer for this application. The reason for the high sensitivity is that I need to locate some flaws away from the wedge without moving it. The size of the arrangement cannot be larger than 0.5 inch height and 1.2 inches long.

Thank you very much in advance for the information that you can provide me. Of course if you have any comment regarding this issue please contact me in this forum or via email.

Best regards,

Jhon.

Jimmy
Jimmy
02:34 Oct-31-2004
Re: Looking for a transducer/wedge for surface waves in steel
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello.
: I am looking for a transducer/wedge to generate surface waves on a stainless steel rod of around 3 feet long and 1 inch diameter. I am more interested in high sensitivity than in a high resolution, anyway I was thinking in a 1 MHz center frequency transducer for this application. The reason for the high sensitivity is that I need to locate some flaws away from the wedge without moving it. The size of the arrangement cannot be larger than 0.5 inch height and 1.2 inches long.
: Thank you very much in advance for the information that you can provide me. Of corse if you have any comment regarding this issue please contact me in this forum or via email.
: Best regards,
: Jhon.
------------ End Original Message ------------

We can supply you the wedged.
NACA NDT

Product Spotlight

Echomac® PA Rail Wheel Tester

MAC introduces two versions of Rail Wheel Testers using ECHOMAC® PA platform based on customer requ
irements.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window