where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Looking for a transducer/wedge for surface waves in steel
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

08:03 Oct-28-2004
Jhon Rengifo
Looking for a transducer/wedge for surface waves in steel

Hello.

I am looking for a transducer/wedge to generate surface waves on a stainless steel rod of around 3 feet long and 1 inch diameter. I am more interested in high sensitivity than in a high resolution, anyway I was thinking in a 1 MHz center frequency transducer for this application. The reason for the high sensitivity is that I need to locate some flaws away from the wedge without moving it. The size of the arrangement cannot be larger than 0.5 inch height and 1.2 inches long.

Thank you very much in advance for the information that you can provide me. Of course if you have any comment regarding this issue please contact me in this forum or via email.

Best regards,

Jhon.

02:34 Oct-31-2004
Jimmy
Re: Looking for a transducer/wedge for surface waves in steel ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello.
: I am looking for a transducer/wedge to generate surface waves on a stainless steel rod of around 3 feet long and 1 inch diameter. I am more interested in high sensitivity than in a high resolution, anyway I was thinking in a 1 MHz center frequency transducer for this application. The reason for the high sensitivity is that I need to locate some flaws away from the wedge without moving it. The size of the arrangement cannot be larger than 0.5 inch height and 1.2 inches long.
: Thank you very much in advance for the information that you can provide me. Of corse if you have any comment regarding this issue please contact me in this forum or via email.
: Best regards,
: Jhon.
------------ End Original Message ------------

We can supply you the wedged.
NACA NDT

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|