where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Hillger Ing. Büro
was founded in 1984 and develops special ultrasonic imaging systems for high-tech materials.
Technical Discussions
Derek
Derek
07:16 Nov-05-2004
Surface Probe Eddy Current Inspection of Tubing

Has anyone here ever used a surface eddy current probe to examine stainless steel tubing? Specifically small diamter tubing (<= 1/8"). If anyone has any insight or links to information related to this they could offer I would appreciate it. Please send an email to: ddlucero@lanl.gov.

dirk wagner
NDT Inspector
ec-works, Germany, Joined Dec 2004, 2

dirk wagner

NDT Inspector
ec-works,
Germany,
Joined Dec 2004
01:29 Dec-09-2004
Re: Surface Probe Eddy Current Inspection of Tubing
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Has anyone here ever used a surface eddy current probe to examine stainless steel tubing? Specifically small diamter tubing (<= 1/8"). If anyone has any insight or links to information related to this they could offer I would appreciate it. Please send an email to: ddlucero@lanl.gov.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Hi,
i did testing of stainless steel in german nuclear power plants. We were searching (successfully) for inside defects with eddy-current probes from the boundary of the tube.
More relevant than the diameter is the wall-thickness.
I hope, I can help you

S.V.Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 787

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
04:21 Dec-12-2004
Re: Surface Probe Eddy Current Inspection of Tubing
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Has anyone here ever used a surface eddy current probe to examine stainless steel tubing? Specifically small diamter tubing (<= 1/8"). If anyone has any insight or links to information related to this they could offer I would appreciate it. Please send an email to: ddlucero@lanl.gov.
: Hi,
: i did testing of stainless steel in german nuclear power plants. We were searching (successfully) for inside defects with eddy-current probes from the boundary of the tube.
: More relevant than the diameter is the wall-thickness.
: I hope, I can help you
------------ End Original Message ------------
Hi,

SS tubes (austenitic) are normally tested during manufacture using an encircling coil from OD and during in-service inspection using an ID Bobbin coil. I would like to know the type of defects that you are trying to detect with the surface probe.

Swamy

Product Spotlight

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window