where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Phoenix Inspection Systems Limited
Design and manufacture ultrasonic Transducers, Scanners and Custom Solutions for NDT inspections. Innovators in NDT technology

Technical Discussions
Derek
Derek
07:16 Nov-05-2004
Surface Probe Eddy Current Inspection of Tubing

Has anyone here ever used a surface eddy current probe to examine stainless steel tubing? Specifically small diamter tubing (<= 1/8"). If anyone has any insight or links to information related to this they could offer I would appreciate it. Please send an email to: ddlucero@lanl.gov.

dirk wagner
NDT Inspector
ec-works, Germany, Joined Dec 2004, 2

dirk wagner

NDT Inspector
ec-works,
Germany,
Joined Dec 2004
01:29 Dec-09-2004
Re: Surface Probe Eddy Current Inspection of Tubing
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Has anyone here ever used a surface eddy current probe to examine stainless steel tubing? Specifically small diamter tubing (<= 1/8"). If anyone has any insight or links to information related to this they could offer I would appreciate it. Please send an email to: ddlucero@lanl.gov.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Hi,
i did testing of stainless steel in german nuclear power plants. We were searching (successfully) for inside defects with eddy-current probes from the boundary of the tube.
More relevant than the diameter is the wall-thickness.
I hope, I can help you

S.V.Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 785

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
04:21 Dec-12-2004
Re: Surface Probe Eddy Current Inspection of Tubing
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Has anyone here ever used a surface eddy current probe to examine stainless steel tubing? Specifically small diamter tubing (<= 1/8"). If anyone has any insight or links to information related to this they could offer I would appreciate it. Please send an email to: ddlucero@lanl.gov.
: Hi,
: i did testing of stainless steel in german nuclear power plants. We were searching (successfully) for inside defects with eddy-current probes from the boundary of the tube.
: More relevant than the diameter is the wall-thickness.
: I hope, I can help you
------------ End Original Message ------------
Hi,

SS tubes (austenitic) are normally tested during manufacture using an encircling coil from OD and during in-service inspection using an ID Bobbin coil. I would like to know the type of defects that you are trying to detect with the surface probe.

Swamy

Product Spotlight

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s