where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Boiler Tube Inspection
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

04:07 Dec-02-2004

Nick Welland

Other, Quality and NDT
Aben Technical Services,
Australia,
Joined Oct 1999
Boiler Tube Inspection

Can anyone suggest a method of inspection for ferritic steel boiler tubes, in a fire tube boiler with access to fire side (tube I.D.) only. Material excessively noisy with RFET and flooding is not permitted.

03:18 Dec-02-2004

Rich Roberts

Engineering, Executive Managment
Quest Integrity Group,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Boiler Tube Inspection Good Day Nick,

LOTIS which is a "laser based" inspection method has been applied to boiler tubes for nearly 20 years. This method does not care what the material type is and is not effected by any external attachements (i.e. fins, etc.). Please let me know if you would like more information.

Regards, Rich Roberts
Condition Assessment Division
Quest TruTec LP
1012 Central Avenue South
Kent, Washington 98032
USA

Tel: 1-253-872-9500, Ext 1275
Toll Free 1-800-233-3345, Ext 1275
Mobile/Cell: 1-206-571-4302
Fax 1-253-872-8967
Email: richardr@QuestTruTec.com
Web Site: http://www.questtrutec.com

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Can anyone suggest a method of inspection for ferritic steel boiler tubes, in a fire tube boiler with access to fire side (tube I.D.) only. Material excessively noisy with RFET and flooding is not permitted.
------------ End Original Message ------------

08:54 Dec-03-2004

Ingo Becker

Engineering, NDT Inspector & Sales
ec-works GmbH,
Germany,
Joined Apr 2000
Re: Boiler Tube Inspection Hello Nick,

what type of defects are expected? You are looking for pitting corrosion, cracks or erosional defects? We are eddy current experts and have carried out serveral
types of inspection without using RFET! Please tell us something about the dimensions to make any special recommendations.

Best regards

Ingo Becker
ET Level III Engineer

ec-works GmbH
Maschweg 5
D-29227 Celle
Germany
Fon: +49 (0)5141-802187
Fax: +49 (0)5141-802164
e-mail: info@ec-works-celle.de

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Can anyone suggest a method of inspection for ferritic steel boiler tubes, in a fire tube boiler with access to fire side (tube I.D.) only. Material excessively noisy with RFET and flooding is not permitted.

07:27 Dec-03-2004
Sunil Ramchandran
Re: Boiler Tube Inspection I have a question about the LOTUS method: Does it detect any defects that may be on the tube OD? I was under the impression that it only finds ID defects.

Thank you.

---------- Start Original Message -----------
: Good Day Nick,
: LOTIS which is a "laser based" inspection method has been applied to boiler tubes for nearly 20 years. This method does not care what the material type is and is not effected by any external attachements (i.e. fins, etc.). Please let me know if you would like more information.
: Regards, Rich Roberts
: Condition Assessment Division
: Quest TruTec LP
: 1012 Central Avenue South
: Kent, Washington 98032
: USA
: Tel: 1-253-872-9500, Ext 1275
: Toll Free 1-800-233-3345, Ext 1275
: Mobile/Cell: 1-206-571-4302
: Fax 1-253-872-8967
: Email: richardr@QuestTruTec.com
: Web Site: http://www.questtrutec.com
: : Can anyone suggest a method of inspection for ferritic steel boiler tubes, in a fire tube boiler with access to fire side (tube I.D.) only. Material excessively noisy with RFET and flooding is not permitted.

01:38 Apr-26-2005
ruben t. diverson jr
Re: Boiler Tube Inspection (computing/knowing the minimum thickness of boiler tubes) ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello Nick,
: what type of defects are expected? You are looking for pitting corrosion, cracks or erosional defects? We are eddy current experts and have carried out serveral
: types of inspection without using RFET! Please tell us something about the dimensions to make any special recommendations.
: Best regards
: Ingo Becker
: ET Level III Engineer
: ec-works GmbH
: Maschweg 5
: D-29227 Celle
: Germany
: Fon: +49 (0)5141-802187
: Fax: +49 (0)5141-802164
: e-mail: info@ec-works-celle.de
:
: : sir,
Can you suggest a method in computing or your recommend practice in computing the minimum thickness of boiler tubes?I am a student here at the philippines which my study is in inspection/NDT of boiler tubes.Pls help me regarding to this subject.thank you and hoping you will help me regarding to my study report.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|