where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Ultrasonic interference pattern recognition products
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Materials Research Institute
Consulting to the NDT industry.

07:50 Dec-07-2004
Martin Nyman
Ultrasonic interference pattern recognition products

Hi,
I'm looking for manufacturers of systems for automatic recognition/control of objects. What we want to do is to check whether a screw is fully down or not. (Measurement of the distance between the top of the screw and the surface which it is screwed against, preferably with some kind of interference pattern recognition.)

Thanks in advance,

Martin Nyman

09:21 Dec-07-2004

David Forsyth

R & D
TRI/Austin,
USA,
Joined Nov 2001
Re: Ultrasonic interference pattern recognition products Without knowing everything about your application, I may be missing some important reason to use UT. However, for accurate and practical distance measurements, we have used these sensors:

http://www.keyence.com/products/vision/laser/lk/lk.php

and I am sure there are other vendors of similar products.

Dave.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi,
: I'm looking for manufacturers of systems for automatic recognition/control of objects. What we want to do is to check whether a screw is fully down or not. (Measurement of the distance between the top of the screw and the surface which it is screwed against, preferably with some kind of interference pattern recognition.)
: Thanks in advance,
: Martin Nyman
------------ End Original Message ------------

00:53 Dec-08-2004
Martin Nyman
Re: Ultrasonic interference pattern recognition products Thank you for your quick reply,

The reason for using ultrasonic equipment would mainly be the price, I don't know the exact cost of the systems you mentioned but the ones I have seen are fairly expensive (1000$ and upwards). We need a cheaper solution. Also, we only need a resolution of 0.3mm or better.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Without knowing everything about your application, I may be missing some important reason to use UT. However, for accurate and practical distance measurements, we have used these sensors:
: http://www.keyence.com/products/vision/laser/lk/lk.php
: and I am sure there are other vendors of similar products.
: Dave.
: : Hi,
: : I'm looking for manufacturers of systems for automatic recognition/control of objects. What we want to do is to check whether a screw is fully down or not. (Measurement of the distance between the top of the screw and the surface which it is screwed against, preferably with some kind of interference pattern recognition.)
: : Thanks in advance,
: : Martin Nyman
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|