where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

AT-Automation Technology GmbH
AT -Automation Technology is a systems house for industrial image processing. AT offers thermographic ndt systems as well as high-speed 3D sensors.
Technical Discussions
Ivan inin
Engineering
Private company, Russia, Joined Dec 2004, 2

Ivan inin

Engineering
Private company,
Russia,
Joined Dec 2004
00:02 Dec-28-2004
Pipeline Crawler

Hello

Coul anybody give me the information about availability of the pipeline crawler with the following parameters:
Speed - up to 500 m/hour
Dia of pipeline - 36" - 48"
Power - battery
Pressure - up to 1 MPa
temperature - 5-50 C
Movement - forward, backward, adjustment of the speed
Load carrying capacity - 150 kg
distance up to 14 km

I heard of some German company manufacturing such machines but I'm not sure

Thank you

Ivan Inin

John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 280

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
07:54 Dec-29-2004
Re: Pipeline Crawler
It sounds like you need an intelligent pig probbaly an umbilical controlled., Try AGR Norway, A Hak Netherlands or RTD Netherlands

Jan Pols
Jan Pols
05:16 Jan-03-2005
Re: Pipeline Crawler
Hi,

We at RTD have several crawlers available for diameters from 6" up to 60". Speeds up to 1000 mtr/hrs in the bigger diameters is possible. All our crawlers are umbilical operated hence full control over the tool is possible at all times. Inspection results are available in real-time. Distances of up to 17 km are possible. Please contact me with more details so we can further evaluate this application.
Regards

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello
: Coul anybody give me the information about availability of the pipeline crawler with the following parameters:
: Speed - up to 500 m/hour
: Dia of pipeline - 36" - 48"
: Power - battery
: Pressure - up to 1 MPa
: temperature - 5-50 C
: Movement - forward, backward, adjustment of the speed
: Load carrying capacity - 150 kg
: distance up to 14 km
: I heard of some German company manufacturing such machines but I'm not sure
: Thank you
: Ivan Inin
------------ End Original Message------------

Product Spotlight

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

On-Demand Webinar: Advanced Ultrasonic Techniques for HTHA Detection & Assessment

In the Oil and Gas industry, High Temperature Hydrogen Attack (HTHA) can occur in steels operating a
t high temperature, usually above 205°C (400°F). Early stages of HTHA are very difficult to detect. Join us for a webinar presented by Guy Maes, Zetec Sales Engineer Director. The webinar will demonstrate how advanced ultrasonic techniques are deployed for efficient and reliable HTHA inspections.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window