where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
API RP 2X- TIPS
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

IMASONIC SAS
IMASONIC offers custom solutions for single to serial productions of ultrasonic transducers for NDT including phased array.

08:27 Jan-01-2005

S.R.G.PRABHU

NDT Inspector, AUT AUDITOR/ASNT LEVEL III/AWS SENIOR WELDING INS
India,
Joined Sep 2004
API RP 2X- TIPS

Someone please guide me in using API RP2X, with some practical tips in scanning ,T,K,Y joints.What is the normal procedure for passing a client's exam?To pass what is the minmum sizing of a mocked up defect?Is there any other points to note?I am aASNT LEVEL III in UT , but still have to qualify in TKY.
Prabhu

00:13 Aug-02-2005

Collin Maloney

NDT Inspector, - Plant Inspector
Applus RTD,
Australia,
Joined Nov 2000
Re: API RP 2X- TIPS ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Someone please guide me in using API RP2X, with some practical tips in scanning ,T,K,Y joints.What is the normal procedure for passing a client's exam?To pass what is the minmum sizing of a mocked up defect?Is there any other points to note?I am aASNT LEVEL III in UT , but still have to qualify in TKY.
: Prabhu
------------ End Original Message ------------

API RP 2X is a procedure that is "For information only" to guide engineers in the selection of NDT acceptance codes. If you want to have practical examples of T,K,Y inspection use AWS D1.1

Cheers

07:21 Aug-03-2005
Ætheling
Re: API RP 2X- TIPS There's nothing new to it, RP2X has just one written test and it's the same with or without the T,K,Y certification.
The T,K,Y testing will be practical, in this one just remember, pay atention to the root configuration (do not believe the depth on the "digital" osciloscope), always try to draw the profile of the angles in a paper sheet to guide you trough the test. You can use a piece of lead and fold it following the contour of the pipes and welding.
Remember that the RP2X it's just a "recomended practice" but anyhow... some clients ask for it.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|