where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Amy Quinn
Student
Bristol University, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 2

Amy Quinn

Student
Bristol University,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
04:19 Apr-29-1999
Huygens' principle - ultrasound

I would be interested to receive information from anyone who has used Huygens' principle to model ultrasonic fields, especially through boundaries of different media. Especially paper titles would be useful as I have been unable to find any so far

Amy Quinn (Bristol university)

Paul A. Meyer
R & D,
GE Inspection Technologies, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 47

Paul A. Meyer

R & D,
GE Inspection Technologies,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
04:40 Apr-29-1999
Re: Huygens' principle - ultrasound
Amy
Look at the references in the location "http://www-groups.dcs.st-nd.ac.uk/~history/References/Huygens.html" . I hope you find something useful
Paul
: I would be interested to receive information from anyone who has used Huygens' principle to model ultrasonic fields, especially through boundaries of different media. Especially paper titles would be useful as I have been unable to find any so far

: Amy Quinn (Bristol university)

Paul A. Meyer
R & D,
GE Inspection Technologies, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 47

Paul A. Meyer

R & D,
GE Inspection Technologies,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
09:48 Apr-29-1999
Re: Huygens' principle - ultrasound
Amy,
I posted an incorrect address in my first reply. The link below should get you there. I apologise.
Paul

: Amy
: Look at the references in the location "http://www-groups.dcs.st-nd.ac.uk/~history/References/Huygens.html" . I hope you find something useful
: Paul
: : I would be interested to receive information from anyone who has used Huygens' principle to model ultrasonic fields, especially through boundaries of different media. Especially paper titles would be useful as I have been unable to find any so far

: : Amy Quinn (Bristol university)

Product Spotlight

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window