where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

FI Test- und Messtechnik GmbH

Technical Discussions
kris mcnichol
kris mcnichol
01:23 Jan-18-2005
NDT of steel rollers

could anyone help me with the best way of non destructive testing of a pair of steel paper rollers (heat treated and machined) 1 metre long and 60 mm diameter, supportred by bearings at each end. the rollers are made from high carbon steel and are used in high speed production of paper.
thanks,
kris.

Steve Greenall
Steve Greenall
08:26 Jan-18-2005
Re: NDT of steel rollers
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: could anyone help me with the best way of non destructive testing of a pair of steel paper rollers (heat treated and machined) 1 metre long and 60 mm diameter, supportred by bearings at each end. the rollers are made from high carbon steel and are used in high speed production of paper.
: thanks,
: kris.
------------ End Original Message ------------

No problem, please contact me with more details.

W.R.D.Couper
W.R.D.Couper
07:31 Jan-24-2005
: : could anyone help me with the best way of non destructive testing of a pair of steel paper rollers (heat treated and machined) 1 metre long and 60 mm diameter, supportred by bearings at each end. the rollers are made from high carbon steel and are used in high speed production of paper.
: : thanks,
: : kris.
:
: No problem, please contact me with more details.

I suggest you read my notes rather than posting your assignment questions on a NDT website.

I will take this into consideration when marking your assignment.

w.r.d.couper

Dr. Ross Couper
Dr. Ross Couper
03:28 Jan-26-2005
Re: NDT of steel rolls
Please note this is a question in a student assignment.
The reply of 24th Jan is not from me but from a very smart student!

Thananon Chomcherd
Thananon Chomcherd
04:01 Feb-16-2005
Could you give more information to me. Nnormally for steel paper roller will be test for bonding between rubber and steel that you can use by ultrasonic method.

Best Reghards;

Thananon

: could anyone help me with the best way of non destructive testing of a pair of steel paper rollers (heat treated and machined) 1 metre long and 60 mm diameter, supportred by bearings at each end. the rollers are made from high carbon steel and are used in high speed production of paper.
: thanks,
: kris.

Product Spotlight

TVC awarded UKAS accreditation

TVC are delighted to finally announce we have been awarded UKAS accreditation for our calibration
laboratory. Laboratory accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 enables us to conduct the Electrical Verification of Ultrasonic Flaw Detection Equipment to BS EN 12668-1:2010. It has taken many months of hard work and we want to thank our staff for all their efforts during this massive undertaking.
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

ISAFE3 Intrinsically Safe Sensor System

ISAFE3 intrinsically safe sensor system of Vallen Systeme is especially targeted at the petrochemica
l - as well as oil and gas transportation industry. The sensor system is designed for permanent monitoring or periodic inspection tasks. Sensors are available for different AE-frequency ranges optimized for corrosion and fatigue crack detection and other applications. The ISAFE 3 sensor system consists of an AE-sensor (model ISAS3) certified according to ATEX/IEC for installation in zone 0, gas group IIC, IP68, 20 to +60 °C, and a signal isolator (model SISO3) certified for installation in zone 2. An ISAS3 sensor can be mounted in atmosphere or submerged, e.g. in water or crude oil. It is supported by mounting tools for temporary (magnets) or permanent (welded) installation. ISAFE3 supports automatic sensor coupling test and can be used with any AE signal processor supporting 28V supply at 90 mA peak, e.g. Vallen Systeme ASIP-2/A.
>

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window