where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
NDT of steel rollers
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

01:23 Jan-18-2005
kris mcnichol
NDT of steel rollers

could anyone help me with the best way of non destructive testing of a pair of steel paper rollers (heat treated and machined) 1 metre long and 60 mm diameter, supportred by bearings at each end. the rollers are made from high carbon steel and are used in high speed production of paper.
thanks,
kris.

08:26 Jan-18-2005
Steve Greenall
Re: NDT of steel rollers ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: could anyone help me with the best way of non destructive testing of a pair of steel paper rollers (heat treated and machined) 1 metre long and 60 mm diameter, supportred by bearings at each end. the rollers are made from high carbon steel and are used in high speed production of paper.
: thanks,
: kris.
------------ End Original Message ------------

No problem, please contact me with more details.

07:31 Jan-24-2005
W.R.D.Couper
Re: NDT of steel rollers ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : could anyone help me with the best way of non destructive testing of a pair of steel paper rollers (heat treated and machined) 1 metre long and 60 mm diameter, supportred by bearings at each end. the rollers are made from high carbon steel and are used in high speed production of paper.
: : thanks,
: : kris.
:
: No problem, please contact me with more details.

I suggest you read my notes rather than posting your assignment questions on a NDT website.

I will take this into consideration when marking your assignment.

w.r.d.couper

03:28 Jan-26-2005
Dr. Ross Couper
Re: NDT of steel rolls Please note this is a question in a student assignment.
The reply of 24th Jan is not from me but from a very smart student!

04:01 Feb-16-2005
Thananon Chomcherd
Re: NDT of steel rollers Could you give more information to me. Nnormally for steel paper roller will be test for bonding between rubber and steel that you can use by ultrasonic method.

Best Reghards;

Thananon

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: could anyone help me with the best way of non destructive testing of a pair of steel paper rollers (heat treated and machined) 1 metre long and 60 mm diameter, supportred by bearings at each end. the rollers are made from high carbon steel and are used in high speed production of paper.
: thanks,
: kris.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|