where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Eddyfi
Eddyfi Technologies provide the most advanced NDT technologies in the world, helping OEMs, asset owners and service companies enhance productivit ...
Technical Discussions
kris mcnichol
kris mcnichol
01:23 Jan-18-2005
NDT of steel rollers

could anyone help me with the best way of non destructive testing of a pair of steel paper rollers (heat treated and machined) 1 metre long and 60 mm diameter, supportred by bearings at each end. the rollers are made from high carbon steel and are used in high speed production of paper.
thanks,
kris.

Steve Greenall
Steve Greenall
08:26 Jan-18-2005
Re: NDT of steel rollers
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: could anyone help me with the best way of non destructive testing of a pair of steel paper rollers (heat treated and machined) 1 metre long and 60 mm diameter, supportred by bearings at each end. the rollers are made from high carbon steel and are used in high speed production of paper.
: thanks,
: kris.
------------ End Original Message ------------

No problem, please contact me with more details.

W.R.D.Couper
W.R.D.Couper
07:31 Jan-24-2005
: : could anyone help me with the best way of non destructive testing of a pair of steel paper rollers (heat treated and machined) 1 metre long and 60 mm diameter, supportred by bearings at each end. the rollers are made from high carbon steel and are used in high speed production of paper.
: : thanks,
: : kris.
:
: No problem, please contact me with more details.

I suggest you read my notes rather than posting your assignment questions on a NDT website.

I will take this into consideration when marking your assignment.

w.r.d.couper

Dr. Ross Couper
Dr. Ross Couper
03:28 Jan-26-2005
Re: NDT of steel rolls
Please note this is a question in a student assignment.
The reply of 24th Jan is not from me but from a very smart student!

Thananon Chomcherd
Thananon Chomcherd
04:01 Feb-16-2005
Could you give more information to me. Nnormally for steel paper roller will be test for bonding between rubber and steel that you can use by ultrasonic method.

Best Reghards;

Thananon

: could anyone help me with the best way of non destructive testing of a pair of steel paper rollers (heat treated and machined) 1 metre long and 60 mm diameter, supportred by bearings at each end. the rollers are made from high carbon steel and are used in high speed production of paper.
: thanks,
: kris.

Product Spotlight

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window