where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Sonotron NDT
Original developer and manufacturer of advanced ultrasonic instruments

Technical Discussions
xiaoyan
Student
University of Florida, USA, Joined Mar 2002, 8

xiaoyan

Student
University of Florida,
USA,
Joined Mar 2002
04:18 Jan-27-2005
wave velocity of Acoustic emission in concrete

I am going to apply the acoustic emission system to monitor the cracking process in the 4-point bending test of the beam. in order to do so, I have to measure the transmission velocity of wave in the concrete beam. theoretically it is simple, just measuring the time difference of the hits in different sensors, then calculating the velocity given the distance difference.
the reality is the data is so scattered and overwhelming for me. so I want to know if somebody have some good experience and would like to share with me.
Thank you!

Jens Forker
Jens Forker
07:56 Jan-27-2005
Re: wave velocity of Acoustic emission in concrete
Hello Xiaoyan,
this may have a couple of reasons (one may be wave propagation through reinforcements, if any, others may be detection of different wave modes propagating at different speeds), depending on different boundary and setup conditions.
I assume you are within the US, therefore I would recommend you get in touch with Allen Green (atgreen1@aol.com, phone ++1-916-483-1311) who has a lot of experience and might be of help.
regards
Jens

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am going to apply the acoustic emission system to monitor the cracking process in the 4-point bending test of the beam. in order to do so, I have to measure the transmission velocity of wave in the concrete beam. theoretically it is simple, just measuring the time difference of the hits in different sensors, then calculating the velocity given the distance difference.
: the reality is the data is so scattered and overwhelming for me. so I want to know if somebody have some good experience and would like to share with me.
: Thank you!
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window