where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
xiaoyan
Student
University of Florida, USA, Joined Mar 2002, 8

xiaoyan

Student
University of Florida,
USA,
Joined Mar 2002
04:18 Jan-27-2005
wave velocity of Acoustic emission in concrete

I am going to apply the acoustic emission system to monitor the cracking process in the 4-point bending test of the beam. in order to do so, I have to measure the transmission velocity of wave in the concrete beam. theoretically it is simple, just measuring the time difference of the hits in different sensors, then calculating the velocity given the distance difference.
the reality is the data is so scattered and overwhelming for me. so I want to know if somebody have some good experience and would like to share with me.
Thank you!

Jens Forker
Jens Forker
07:56 Jan-27-2005
Re: wave velocity of Acoustic emission in concrete
Hello Xiaoyan,
this may have a couple of reasons (one may be wave propagation through reinforcements, if any, others may be detection of different wave modes propagating at different speeds), depending on different boundary and setup conditions.
I assume you are within the US, therefore I would recommend you get in touch with Allen Green (atgreen1@aol.com, phone ++1-916-483-1311) who has a lot of experience and might be of help.
regards
Jens

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am going to apply the acoustic emission system to monitor the cracking process in the 4-point bending test of the beam. in order to do so, I have to measure the transmission velocity of wave in the concrete beam. theoretically it is simple, just measuring the time difference of the hits in different sensors, then calculating the velocity given the distance difference.
: the reality is the data is so scattered and overwhelming for me. so I want to know if somebody have some good experience and would like to share with me.
: Thank you!
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window