where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
xiaoyan
Student
University of Florida, USA, Joined Mar 2002, 8

xiaoyan

Student
University of Florida,
USA,
Joined Mar 2002
04:18 Jan-27-2005
wave velocity of Acoustic emission in concrete

I am going to apply the acoustic emission system to monitor the cracking process in the 4-point bending test of the beam. in order to do so, I have to measure the transmission velocity of wave in the concrete beam. theoretically it is simple, just measuring the time difference of the hits in different sensors, then calculating the velocity given the distance difference.
the reality is the data is so scattered and overwhelming for me. so I want to know if somebody have some good experience and would like to share with me.
Thank you!

Jens Forker
Jens Forker
07:56 Jan-27-2005
Re: wave velocity of Acoustic emission in concrete
Hello Xiaoyan,
this may have a couple of reasons (one may be wave propagation through reinforcements, if any, others may be detection of different wave modes propagating at different speeds), depending on different boundary and setup conditions.
I assume you are within the US, therefore I would recommend you get in touch with Allen Green (atgreen1@aol.com, phone ++1-916-483-1311) who has a lot of experience and might be of help.
regards
Jens

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am going to apply the acoustic emission system to monitor the cracking process in the 4-point bending test of the beam. in order to do so, I have to measure the transmission velocity of wave in the concrete beam. theoretically it is simple, just measuring the time difference of the hits in different sensors, then calculating the velocity given the distance difference.
: the reality is the data is so scattered and overwhelming for me. so I want to know if somebody have some good experience and would like to share with me.
: Thank you!
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

PAUT Probes

Typical Phased Array probes have frequencies between 1MHz and 20MHz and the number of wafers is 10
to 128. M2 Electronics offers customers conventionally ultrasound probes and the ability to provide high-precision Phased Array Ultrasound Probes of up to 256 wafers. We can also customize the probe for our customers to meet the specific application requirements of the user.
>

VeeScan AirCraft Wheel Inspection

The VEESCAN offers maximum flexibility, has a proven mechanical design and records of breakdown-fr
ee operation of over 365 days. Appealing to companies in the Aerospace industry, the VEESCAN is ideal for all wheel-testing environments. With a wide selection of probes, the VeeScan allows your wheel testing facility the flexibility to select the most compatible configurations with their workload.
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window