where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Mobile-Friendly Implementation in Progress

Technical Discussions
xiaoyan
Student
University of Florida, USA, Joined Mar 2002, 8

xiaoyan

Student
University of Florida,
USA,
Joined Mar 2002
04:18 Jan-27-2005
wave velocity of Acoustic emission in concrete

I am going to apply the acoustic emission system to monitor the cracking process in the 4-point bending test of the beam. in order to do so, I have to measure the transmission velocity of wave in the concrete beam. theoretically it is simple, just measuring the time difference of the hits in different sensors, then calculating the velocity given the distance difference.
the reality is the data is so scattered and overwhelming for me. so I want to know if somebody have some good experience and would like to share with me.
Thank you!

Jens Forker
Jens Forker
07:56 Jan-27-2005
Re: wave velocity of Acoustic emission in concrete
Hello Xiaoyan,
this may have a couple of reasons (one may be wave propagation through reinforcements, if any, others may be detection of different wave modes propagating at different speeds), depending on different boundary and setup conditions.
I assume you are within the US, therefore I would recommend you get in touch with Allen Green (atgreen1@aol.com, phone ++1-916-483-1311) who has a lot of experience and might be of help.
regards
Jens

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am going to apply the acoustic emission system to monitor the cracking process in the 4-point bending test of the beam. in order to do so, I have to measure the transmission velocity of wave in the concrete beam. theoretically it is simple, just measuring the time difference of the hits in different sensors, then calculating the velocity given the distance difference.
: the reality is the data is so scattered and overwhelming for me. so I want to know if somebody have some good experience and would like to share with me.
: Thank you!
------------ End Original Message ------------

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography
The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
AT-Automation Technology GmbH
2 Videos

FMC/TFM
Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging,
Advanced OEM Solutions
3 Showcases

Digital Radiography for Concrete Inspection
In the construction industry (buildings, bridges) there is a need for fast non- destructive means,
Mammon Technologies LLP
4 Showcases

Webinar: FMC & Advanced Focusing Techniques for Improved Ultrasonic Inspections
Phased array ultrasound is now a commonly accepted inspection technology. Now there is excitement
ZETEC, Inc.
5 Showcases 5 Videos

More Showcases

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window