where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
wave velocity of Acoustic emission in concrete
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

04:18 Jan-27-2005

xiaoyan

Student
University of Florida,
USA,
Joined Mar 2002
wave velocity of Acoustic emission in concrete

I am going to apply the acoustic emission system to monitor the cracking process in the 4-point bending test of the beam. in order to do so, I have to measure the transmission velocity of wave in the concrete beam. theoretically it is simple, just measuring the time difference of the hits in different sensors, then calculating the velocity given the distance difference.
the reality is the data is so scattered and overwhelming for me. so I want to know if somebody have some good experience and would like to share with me.
Thank you!

07:56 Jan-27-2005
Jens Forker
Re: wave velocity of Acoustic emission in concrete Hello Xiaoyan,
this may have a couple of reasons (one may be wave propagation through reinforcements, if any, others may be detection of different wave modes propagating at different speeds), depending on different boundary and setup conditions.
I assume you are within the US, therefore I would recommend you get in touch with Allen Green (atgreen1@aol.com, phone ++1-916-483-1311) who has a lot of experience and might be of help.
regards
Jens

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am going to apply the acoustic emission system to monitor the cracking process in the 4-point bending test of the beam. in order to do so, I have to measure the transmission velocity of wave in the concrete beam. theoretically it is simple, just measuring the time difference of the hits in different sensors, then calculating the velocity given the distance difference.
: the reality is the data is so scattered and overwhelming for me. so I want to know if somebody have some good experience and would like to share with me.
: Thank you!
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|