where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

ULTRASOUND INSTITUTE
The Ultrasound Institute can develop new advanced ultrasonic measurement, imaging and NDT techniques for non-conventional applications.
Technical Discussions
ANDRES GOMEZ
ANDRES GOMEZ
01:21 Jan-30-2005
UT TRAINING

DEAR COLLEAGUES:

I.M LOOKING FOR A MPG OR SIMILAR FILE - IMAGE&SOUND - OF THE CALIBRATION OF AN UT EQUIMENT TO INSPECT WELDS MANUALLY WITH AN ANGLE PROBE.

SOMEONE CAN HELP ME? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

ANDRES

Ethan
Ethan
07:48 Jan-31-2005
Paging Mark Davis for a consult!
Hello,

There are many short training presentations that will have animated power points to demonstrate sound propegation. The best demonstration I have seen is a photography technique called Schillerian (sp?) photography. The only person who has shown me a video of this was J. Mark Davis during one of his Advanced Crack Detection and Sizing Classes. Mark is a frequent poster on this forum and I would expect him to have more information.

Best of Luck
Ethan
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: DEAR COLLEAGUES:
: I.M LOOKING FOR A MPG OR SIMILAR FILE - IMAGE&SOUND - OF THE CALIBRATION OF AN UT EQUIMENT TO INSPECT WELDS MANUALLY WITH AN ANGLE PROBE.
: SOMEONE CAN HELP ME? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
: ANDRES
------------ End Original Message ------------

paul rawlinson
paul rawlinson
00:42 Feb-02-2005
Re: Paging Mark Davis for a consult!
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: In reply to your request for UT training visualisation software.
below is a download link for UTsim, the worlds first UT simulator
http://www.hsee.co.uk/UTsim%20setup.exe

Regards
paul Rawlinson

Product Spotlight

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window