where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
ANDRES GOMEZ
ANDRES GOMEZ
08:02 Feb-01-2005
TOFD TRAINING

Thanks Ethan for your suggestion abour Mr Davis.

Dear colleagues:

What I.m looking for, it is what is TOFD method, its diferences with traditional UT, and what is TOFD used for.
I grate responses or information about where or how I caninform myself about it.

Thanks colleagues

Cesar Boynard
R & D
Instituto de Soldadura e Qualidade, Portugal, Joined Dec 2002, 11

Cesar Boynard

R & D
Instituto de Soldadura e Qualidade,
Portugal,
Joined Dec 2002
00:06 Feb-01-2005
Re: TOFD TRAINING
Maybe we can help you, but can you be more specific?
What are the purpose of your application? Maintenance, construction or research?
Do you need to inspect some specific component?

regards
Cesar

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Thanks Ethan for your suggestion abour Mr Davis.
:
: Dear colleagues:
: What I.m looking for, it is what is TOFD method, its diferences with traditional UT, and what is TOFD used for.
: I grate responses or information about where or how I caninform myself about it.
: Thanks colleagues
------------ End Original Message ------------

Jan Verkooijen
Director,
Sonovation, Netherlands, Joined Nov 1998, 29

Jan Verkooijen

Director,
Sonovation,
Netherlands,
Joined Nov 1998
08:22 Feb-03-2005
Re: TOFD TRAINING
We have been working with TOFD for over 15 years now, producing equipment, performing site inspections, and delivering accredited training. Please have a look at our website, www.sonovation.com for more info about TOFD! You can also find a detailed article on pro-s and cons of TOFD on there or mail me for the latest revision.

Best regards,

Jan Verkooijen

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Maybe we can help you, but can you be more specific?
: What are the purpose of your application? Maintenance, construction or research?
: Do you need to inspect some specific component?
: regards
: Cesar
: : Thanks Ethan for your suggestion abour Mr Davis.
: :
: : Dear colleagues:
: : What I.m looking for, it is what is TOFD method, its diferences with traditional UT, and what is TOFD used for.
: : I grate responses or information about where or how I caninform myself about it.
: : Thanks colleagues
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window