where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
NDT for FRP pipe bonding
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

08:07 Apr-08-2005

pierre lonchampt

R & D
cegelec,
France,
Joined Apr 2005
NDT for FRP pipe bonding

Hello
I'm trying to increase the reliability of NDT procedures used on FRP pipe adhesively bonded :
Glass vinylester pipes, epoxy adhesive.
Today the NDT we use is Xray, I'm investigating for a possible alternative technique. I've found some documents* about us control, but need some more infos before pursuing in this direction.
The defects we want to look for are :
(1)lack of adhesive, voids, that we want to quantify (% of voids, max size and so on).
(2) breakage of the padding.

And we need to perform this tests on-site, in difficult conditions (position of the pipes, accessibility...).

Do others techniques (US mainly ?) have arleady been applied to this kind of materials ? conditions ? with wich device ?.

Thank you for advices !

*Guidelines for NDT of GFP pie, the Norwegian Oil Industry Ass.,
AEA Tech,Generic procedure for the ultrasonic inspection of FRP composites.

PS : I'll try to upload some schemes to explain better what I mean by (1) and (2)

09:28 Apr-08-2005

pierre lonchampt

R & D
cegelec,
France,
Joined Apr 2005
Re: NDT for FRP pipe bonding ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello
: I'm trying to increase the reliability of NDT procedures used on FRP pipe adhesively bonded :
: Glass vinylester pipes, epoxy adhesive.
: Today the NDT we use is Xray, I'm investigating for a possible alternative technique. I've found some documents* about us control, but need some more infos before pursuing in this direction.
: The defects we want to look for are :
: (1)lack of adhesive, voids, that we want to quantify (% of voids, max size and so on).
: (2) breakage of the padding.
: And we need to perform this tests on-site, in difficult conditions (position of the pipes, accessibility...).
: Do others techniques (US mainly ?) have arleady been applied to this kind of materials ? conditions ? with wich device ?.
: Thank you for advices !
: *Guidelines for NDT of GFP pie, the Norwegian Oil Industry Ass.,
: AEA Tech,Generic procedure for the ultrasonic inspection of FRP composites.
: PS : I'll try to upload some schemes to explain better what I mean by (1) and (2)
------------ End Original Message ------------

[img]http://pierre/lonchampt.free.fr/docs/bond.jpg[/img]

09:30 Apr-08-2005

pierre lonchampt

R & D
cegelec,
France,
Joined Apr 2005
Re: NDT for FRP pipe bonding

image added

09:06 Apr-09-2005

Simon Amallraja

Director
PET Aviation Systems P Ltd,
India,
Joined Jul 2003
: image added

You can contact NDT Solutions Ltd UK. Mr. Chris Hirrby qill be ablw to explain the details to you.

visit: www.ndtsolutions.com

Regards,

09:06 Apr-09-2005

Simon Amallraja

Director
PET Aviation Systems P Ltd,
India,
Joined Jul 2003
: image added

You can contact NDT Solutions Ltd UK. Mr. Chris Kirby will be able to explain the details to you.

visit: www.ndtsolutions.com

Regards,

00:40 Apr-11-2005
Jens Rusborg
Re: NDT for FRP pipe bonding Contact FORCE Technology DK. Mr Jens Rusborg will be able to help you.

Visit: www.force.dk

09:01 Apr-12-2005

Gary

Consultant
TWI,
United Kingdom,
Joined May 2001
Re: NDT for FRP pipe bonding Pierre

TWI are running many projects looking at new inspection methods in this area.

One such project, Sure2Grip is a €2m Eu funded project looking at a similar problem to the one that you descibe. The project is considering radiography, thermography, Shearography and Ultrasonics to detect discontinuities in the material and bondline.

Please contact the NDT Group at TWI.

www.twi.co.uk

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello
: I'm trying to increase the reliability of NDT procedures used on FRP pipe adhesively bonded :
: Glass vinylester pipes, epoxy adhesive.
: Today the NDT we use is Xray, I'm investigating for a possible alternative technique. I've found some documents* about us control, but need some more infos before pursuing in this direction.
: The defects we want to look for are :
: (1)lack of adhesive, voids, that we want to quantify (% of voids, max size and so on).
: (2) breakage of the padding.
: And we need to perform this tests on-site, in difficult conditions (position of the pipes, accessibility...).
: Do others techniques (US mainly ?) have arleady been applied to this kind of materials ? conditions ? with wich device ?.
: Thank you for advices !
: *Guidelines for NDT of GFP pie, the Norwegian Oil Industry Ass.,
: AEA Tech,Generic procedure for the ultrasonic inspection of FRP composites.
: PS : I'll try to upload some schemes to explain better what I mean by (1) and (2)

02:59 Apr-13-2005
Thomas Niederreiter
Re: NDT for FRP pipe bonding

I´m from a german company called Themosensorik GmbH. We are developer and producer of a test system for Wind-turbine blades with IR-FPA Array Cameras..-As well we´re producing the cameras ourselves. Maybe we can solve your measurement problmes faster and better than the already established testing systems. If you´re interessted in our skills and techniques visit our homepage and contact us by Email. Please write Your Name and NDT-NET in the Mail Subject.

02:03 Jul-19-2005
Tim Yao
: : image added
: You can contact NDT Solutions Ltd UK. Mr. Chris Kirby will be able to explain the details to you.
: visit: www.ndtsolutions.com
: Regards,

Dear Sir,
Fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP) composites are an economic solution for many of the highly corrosive environments in industry where metals just won't hold up.

Hengrun Group is a leading manufacturer of application-specific (custom) fiberglass pipe and duct systems and process vessels for corrosive industrial applications.

Premium vinyl ester and polyester resins are used, specifically formulated for corrosion resistance, high-temperature resistance and fire resistance. We can assist with design, resin selection and the many other questions you may have about fiberglass equipment.

HengRun Group

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|