where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

VOGT Ultrasonics GmbH
non-destructive testing, services, training, ultrasonic systems, immersion and squirter inspection systems, PROline, digital radiology

Technical Discussions
pierre lonchampt
R & D
cegelec, France, Joined Apr 2005, 3

pierre lonchampt

R & D
cegelec,
France,
Joined Apr 2005
08:07 Apr-08-2005
NDT for FRP pipe bonding

Hello
I'm trying to increase the reliability of NDT procedures used on FRP pipe adhesively bonded :
Glass vinylester pipes, epoxy adhesive.
Today the NDT we use is Xray, I'm investigating for a possible alternative technique. I've found some documents* about us control, but need some more infos before pursuing in this direction.
The defects we want to look for are :
(1)lack of adhesive, voids, that we want to quantify (% of voids, max size and so on).
(2) breakage of the padding.

And we need to perform this tests on-site, in difficult conditions (position of the pipes, accessibility...).

Do others techniques (US mainly ?) have arleady been applied to this kind of materials ? conditions ? with wich device ?.

Thank you for advices !

*Guidelines for NDT of GFP pie, the Norwegian Oil Industry Ass.,
AEA Tech,Generic procedure for the ultrasonic inspection of FRP composites.

PS : I'll try to upload some schemes to explain better what I mean by (1) and (2)

pierre lonchampt
R & D

pierre lonchampt

R & D
cegelec,
France,
Joined Apr 2005
09:28 Apr-08-2005
Re: NDT for FRP pipe bonding
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello
: I'm trying to increase the reliability of NDT procedures used on FRP pipe adhesively bonded :
: Glass vinylester pipes, epoxy adhesive.
: Today the NDT we use is Xray, I'm investigating for a possible alternative technique. I've found some documents* about us control, but need some more infos before pursuing in this direction.
: The defects we want to look for are :
: (1)lack of adhesive, voids, that we want to quantify (% of voids, max size and so on).
: (2) breakage of the padding.
: And we need to perform this tests on-site, in difficult conditions (position of the pipes, accessibility...).
: Do others techniques (US mainly ?) have arleady been applied to this kind of materials ? conditions ? with wich device ?.
: Thank you for advices !
: *Guidelines for NDT of GFP pie, the Norwegian Oil Industry Ass.,
: AEA Tech,Generic procedure for the ultrasonic inspection of FRP composites.
: PS : I'll try to upload some schemes to explain better what I mean by (1) and (2)
------------ End Original Message ------------

[img]http://pierre/lonchampt.free.fr/docs/bond.jpg[/img]

pierre lonchampt
R & D

pierre lonchampt

R & D
cegelec,
France,
Joined Apr 2005
09:30 Apr-08-2005

image added

Simon Amallraja
Director
PET Aviation Systems P Ltd, India, Joined Jul 2003, 20

Simon Amallraja

Director
PET Aviation Systems P Ltd,
India,
Joined Jul 2003
09:06 Apr-09-2005
: image added

You can contact NDT Solutions Ltd UK. Mr. Chris Hirrby qill be ablw to explain the details to you.

visit: www.ndtsolutions.com

Regards,

Simon Amallraja
Director
PET Aviation Systems P Ltd, India, Joined Jul 2003, 20

Simon Amallraja

Director
PET Aviation Systems P Ltd,
India,
Joined Jul 2003
09:06 Apr-09-2005
: image added

You can contact NDT Solutions Ltd UK. Mr. Chris Kirby will be able to explain the details to you.

visit: www.ndtsolutions.com

Regards,

Jens Rusborg
Jens Rusborg
00:40 Apr-11-2005
Contact FORCE Technology DK. Mr Jens Rusborg will be able to help you.

Visit: www.force.dk

Gary
Consultant
TWI, United Kingdom, Joined May 2001, 15

Gary

Consultant
TWI,
United Kingdom,
Joined May 2001
09:01 Apr-12-2005
Pierre

TWI are running many projects looking at new inspection methods in this area.

One such project, Sure2Grip is a €2m Eu funded project looking at a similar problem to the one that you descibe. The project is considering radiography, thermography, Shearography and Ultrasonics to detect discontinuities in the material and bondline.

Please contact the NDT Group at TWI.

www.twi.co.uk

: Hello
: I'm trying to increase the reliability of NDT procedures used on FRP pipe adhesively bonded :
: Glass vinylester pipes, epoxy adhesive.
: Today the NDT we use is Xray, I'm investigating for a possible alternative technique. I've found some documents* about us control, but need some more infos before pursuing in this direction.
: The defects we want to look for are :
: (1)lack of adhesive, voids, that we want to quantify (% of voids, max size and so on).
: (2) breakage of the padding.
: And we need to perform this tests on-site, in difficult conditions (position of the pipes, accessibility...).
: Do others techniques (US mainly ?) have arleady been applied to this kind of materials ? conditions ? with wich device ?.
: Thank you for advices !
: *Guidelines for NDT of GFP pie, the Norwegian Oil Industry Ass.,
: AEA Tech,Generic procedure for the ultrasonic inspection of FRP composites.
: PS : I'll try to upload some schemes to explain better what I mean by (1) and (2)

Thomas Niederreiter
Thomas Niederreiter
02:59 Apr-13-2005

I´m from a german company called Themosensorik GmbH. We are developer and producer of a test system for Wind-turbine blades with IR-FPA Array Cameras..-As well we´re producing the cameras ourselves. Maybe we can solve your measurement problmes faster and better than the already established testing systems. If you´re interessted in our skills and techniques visit our homepage and contact us by Email. Please write Your Name and NDT-NET in the Mail Subject.

Tim Yao
Tim Yao
02:03 Jul-19-2005
: : image added
: You can contact NDT Solutions Ltd UK. Mr. Chris Kirby will be able to explain the details to you.
: visit: www.ndtsolutions.com
: Regards,

Dear Sir,
Fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP) composites are an economic solution for many of the highly corrosive environments in industry where metals just won't hold up.

Hengrun Group is a leading manufacturer of application-specific (custom) fiberglass pipe and duct systems and process vessels for corrosive industrial applications.

Premium vinyl ester and polyester resins are used, specifically formulated for corrosion resistance, high-temperature resistance and fire resistance. We can assist with design, resin selection and the many other questions you may have about fiberglass equipment.

HengRun Group

Product Spotlight

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window