where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Single Cal Block???? (
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

01:51 Apr-25-2005
IClampers
Single Cal Block???? (

I am interested in performing some research on whether it would be possible to use a single cal block (ASME type) for all thicknesses of plate (not piping) up to 8".

What I was thinking was trying to determine a relationship between the size of the hole in each cal block to a given signal response. Frequency, diameter or crystal, single vs dual crystals all would have to be considered as well as many other factors.

Just looking for some feedback as to if this would be possible and any suggestions as to conducy testing.

This is for a research project I am doing as part of my studies. We are able to select our own topic so this is what I was considering.

Suggestions for this project or suggestions for other projects would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|