where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
EDDY CURRENT/IRS
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

06:26 May-17-2005
jimmy
EDDY CURRENT/IRS

hi friends, i want to know any equipment is there to do eddy curret and irs together? be frank i don't know anything about it, but we got a requirment to do eddycurrent equipment with IRS?????
regards
jimmy

04:58 May-18-2005

Syed Faran Hussain

Engineering
FFC Pakistan,
Pakistan,
Joined May 2005
Re: EDDY CURRENT/IRS Dear Jimmy,
i am also doing the same research as you are, And i have found that R/D Tech provides MS 5800 which can be used to perform eddy current, Iris as well as MFL(Magnetic Flux leakage), i dont know much about it yet, as i already told u i am also like you. however i will foward u any more info if you interested.
And i also hope you will also share your findings with me regarding such equipment, so i would be ina better condition to select the best one for my company's inspection needs.
Best Wishes
Syed Faran Hussain
Inspection Engineer
Fauji Fertilizer Company Limited
Pakistan

03:09 May-18-2005
Saju Xavier
Re: EDDY CURRENT/IRS Hi
Your finding is right.There are four major tube testing methods viz.eddy current(for non-feromagnetic)Remote Field eddy current testing-RFET(for ferrous tubes,MFL-for ferros ,finned tubes and IRIS -for any tube material.Normally we are doing any one from-ET,RFET or MFL and for confirmation of findings we use IRIS.R/D tech has a range of equipments which could do all the four methods.MS 5800 and TC 5700 are the latest in their series.I have used both of them and I find TC 5700 more reliable and usefriendly eventhough MS 5800 is the latest.
If u have anymore questions pls mail me

04:39 May-19-2005

Dana Ives

Engineering
CoreStar International Corp.,
USA,
Joined Jan 2003
Re: EDDY CURRENT/IRS ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi
: Your finding is right.There are four major tube testing methods viz.eddy current(for non-feromagnetic)Remote Field eddy current testing-RFET(for ferrous tubes,MFL-for ferros ,finned tubes and IRIS -for any tube material.Normally we are doing any one from-ET,RFET or MFL and for confirmation of findings we use IRIS.R/D tech has a range of equipments which could do all the four methods.MS 5800 and TC 5700 are the latest in their series.I have used both of them and I find TC 5700 more reliable and usefriendly eventhough MS 5800 is the latest.
: If u have anymore questions pls mail me
------------ End Original Message ------------
Gentlemen,

R/D Tech (which is now owned by Zetec, which is in turn owned by Roper Industries) has been making test gear for a number of years. While the advantages of a multitest unit are numerous, using one unit to do all can have its disadvantages as well. For instance, if your unit's power supply goes down, ALL of your testing ability goes down with it. Modularity allows the user to add features as they are needed (and can be paid for), but again, everything is contained in one unit. Many of our customers prefer having separate systems for reliability reasons. When deciding which system to use, remember that detection of cracking in thin-walled tubes is not what IRIS should be used for. Typically, that requires ET or RFT depending upon the material. IRIS Inspection Systems (http://www.iris-inspection.com/) produces an excellent system that is sold worldwide. Contact Ken Miertschin. CoreStar is a manufacturer of ET and RFT inspection gear that is controlled via EtherNet/PC. (www.corestar-corp.com). We have numerous systems deployed throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Pan American Industries (http://www.panamiris.com/) also produces an IRIS system. Contact Mike Birchall.

04:08 May-24-2005
Simon Amallraja
Re: EDDY CURRENT/IRS ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Hi
: : Your finding is right.There are four major tube testing methods viz.eddy current(for non-feromagnetic)Remote Field eddy current testing-RFET(for ferrous tubes,MFL-for ferros ,finned tubes and IRIS -for any tube material.Normally we are doing any one from-ET,RFET or MFL and for confirmation of findings we use IRIS.R/D tech has a range of equipments which could do all the four methods.MS 5800 and TC 5700 are the latest in their series.I have used both of them and I find TC 5700 more reliable and usefriendly eventhough MS 5800 is the latest.
: : If u have anymore questions pls mail me
: Gentlemen,
: R/D Tech (which is now owned by Zetec, which is in turn owned by Roper Industries) has been making test gear for a number of years. While the advantages of a multitest unit are numerous, using one unit to do all can have its disadvantages as well. For instance, if your unit's power supply goes down, ALL of your testing ability goes down with it. Modularity allows the user to add features as they are needed (and can be paid for), but again, everything is contained in one unit. Many of our customers prefer having separate systems for reliability reasons. When deciding which system to use, remember that detection of cracking in thin-walled tubes is not what IRIS should be used for. Typically, that requires ET or RFT depending upon the material. IRIS Inspection Systems (http://www.iris-inspection.com/) produces an excellent system that is sold worldwide. Contact Ken Miertschin. CoreStar is a manufacturer of ET and RFT inspection gear that is controlled via EtherNet/PC. (www.corestar-corp.com). We have numerous systems deployed throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Pan American Industries (http://www.panamiris.com/) also produces an IRIS system. Contact Mike Birchall.

We , Mahindra Intertrade Ltd, represent Zetec in India and Division acquired from RDT also represented by us.
If you are inIndia, Contact us for all info.

D.Simon Amallraja.
Mobile: 098663 43309

04:32 May-25-2005
Richard Kazares
Re: EDDY CURRENT/IRS Feel I need to comment on the below message thread - which provides an EXCELLENT summary on the METHODS available to peform tube inspections.

NDT Automation provides a FULL C-SCAN based tube inspection system - TubeScan - which is an "IRIS-LIKE" system (in that it uses a rotating mirror) - but since it is FULLY ENCODED - TubeScan can provide a TRUE C-SCAN image and RECORD of the tube inspection. Also, since it is a true C-Scan based system, angled mirrors can be used to produce ultrasonic shear - which in turn can be used in situations which IRIS CANNOT- to detect circumferential or longitudinal cracking - and (in one study) has been used to statistically detect "micro-cracking" (in titanium tubes).

You can follow the link below (or contact me directly) to get more information about TubeScan technology.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : : Hi
: : : Your finding is right.There are four major tube testing methods viz.eddy current(for non-feromagnetic)Remote Field eddy current testing-RFET(for ferrous tubes,MFL-for ferros ,finned tubes and IRIS -for any tube material.Normally we are doing any one from-ET,RFET or MFL and for confirmation of findings we use IRIS.R/D tech has a range of equipments which could do all the four methods.MS 5800 and TC 5700 are the latest in their series.I have used both of them and I find TC 5700 more reliable and usefriendly eventhough MS 5800 is the latest.
: : : If u have anymore questions pls mail me
: : Gentlemen,
: : R/D Tech (which is now owned by Zetec, which is in turn owned by Roper Industries) has been making test gear for a number of years. While the advantages of a multitest unit are numerous, using one unit to do all can have its disadvantages as well. For instance, if your unit's power supply goes down, ALL of your testing ability goes down with it. Modularity allows the user to add features as they are needed (and can be paid for), but again, everything is contained in one unit. Many of our customers prefer having separate systems for reliability reasons. When deciding which system to use, remember that detection of cracking in thin-walled tubes is not what IRIS should be used for. Typically, that requires ET or RFT depending upon the material. IRIS Inspection Systems (http://www.iris-inspection.com/) produces an excellent system that is sold worldwide. Contact Ken Miertschin. CoreStar is a manufacturer of ET and RFT inspection gear that is controlled via EtherNet/PC. (www.corestar-corp.com). We have numerous systems deployed throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Pan American Industries (http://www.panamiris.com/) also produces an IRIS system. Contact Mike Birchall.
: We , Mahindra Intertrade Ltd, represent Zetec in India and Division acquired from RDT also represented by us.
: If you are in India, Contact us for all info.
: D.Simon Amallraja.
: Mobile: 098663 43309

08:14 Aug-03-2005

Neil Burleigh

Sales
Krautkramer Australia Pty Ltd,
Australia,
Joined Dec 2002
Re: EDDY CURRENT/IRS Hasn't RD Tech been purchased by Olympus?
see www.rd-tech.com/news-olympus

: : : Hi
: : : Your finding is right.There are four major tube testing methods viz.eddy current(for non-feromagnetic)Remote Field eddy current testing-RFET(for ferrous tubes,MFL-for ferros ,finned tubes and IRIS -for any tube material.Normally we are doing any one from-ET,RFET or MFL and for confirmation of findings we use IRIS.R/D tech has a range of equipments which could do all the four methods.MS 5800 and TC 5700 are the latest in their series.I have used both of them and I find TC 5700 more reliable and usefriendly eventhough MS 5800 is the latest.
: : : If u have anymore questions pls mail me
: : Gentlemen,
: : R/D Tech (which is now owned by Zetec, which is in turn owned by Roper Industries) has been making test gear for a number of years. While the advantages of a multitest unit are numerous, using one unit to do all can have its disadvantages as well. For instance, if your unit's power supply goes down, ALL of your testing ability goes down with it. Modularity allows the user to add features as they are needed (and can be paid for), but again, everything is contained in one unit. Many of our customers prefer having separate systems for reliability reasons. When deciding which system to use, remember that detection of cracking in thin-walled tubes is not what IRIS should be used for. Typically, that requires ET or RFT depending upon the material. IRIS Inspection Systems (http://www.iris-inspection.com/) produces an excellent system that is sold worldwide. Contact Ken Miertschin. CoreStar is a manufacturer of ET and RFT inspection gear that is controlled via EtherNet/PC. (www.corestar-corp.com). We have numerous systems deployed throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Pan American Industries (http://www.panamiris.com/) also produces an IRIS system. Contact Mike Birchall.
: We , Mahindra Intertrade Ltd, represent Zetec in India and Division acquired from RDT also represented by us.
: If you are in India, Contact us for all info.
: D.Simon Amallraja.
: Mobile: 098663 43309

01:05 Aug-04-2005

Mic

Consultant
AGM Techno consultants,
India,
Joined Jan 2003
Re: EDDY CURRENT/IRS R/D was purchased by Zetech????? when..

Only a part of R/D as far as I know.

The new info is as replied by Mr. Neil Burleigh is correct.

M/S 5800 was personally used by me and foud as highly relevent instrument.

though all techniques are combined togather, it is not a problame to get as an Isolated machines in seperate modules like ECT RFT MFL or IRIS.

if you need any info in India Pl contact Mr.Pramo0d Michal from Blue Star for all your sales quarries.

if you are elsewhere then long on to www.rd-tech.com and send mail with refernece name to Mr. Calr Marciar
for better and correct answers.
Thanks
Mic Brinslo
Canada

: Hasn't RD Tech been purchased by Olympus?
: see www.rd-tech.com/news-olympus
:
: : : : Hi
: : : : Your finding is right.There are four major tube testing methods viz.eddy current(for non-feromagnetic)Remote Field eddy current testing-RFET(for ferrous tubes,MFL-for ferros ,finned tubes and IRIS -for any tube material.Normally we are doing any one from-ET,RFET or MFL and for confirmation of findings we use IRIS.R/D tech has a range of equipments which could do all the four methods.MS 5800 and TC 5700 are the latest in their series.I have used both of them and I find TC 5700 more reliable and usefriendly eventhough MS 5800 is the latest.
: : : : If u have anymore questions pls mail me
: : : Gentlemen,
: : : R/D Tech (which is now owned by Zetec, which is in turn owned by Roper Industries) has been making test gear for a number of years. While the advantages of a multitest unit are numerous, using one unit to do all can have its disadvantages as well. For instance, if your unit's power supply goes down, ALL of your testing ability goes down with it. Modularity allows the user to add features as they are needed (and can be paid for), but again, everything is contained in one unit. Many of our customers prefer having separate systems for reliability reasons. When deciding which system to use, rememberthat detection of cracking in thin-walled tubes is not what IRIS should be used for. Typically, that requires ET or RFT depending upon the material. IRIS Inspection Systems (http://www.iris-inspection.com/) produces an excellent system that is sold worldwide. Contact Ken Miertschin. CoreStar is a manufacturer of ET and RFT inspection gear that is controlled via EtherNet/PC. (www.corestar-corp.com). We have numerous systems deployed throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Pan American Industries (http://www.panamiris.com/) also produces an IRIS system. Contact Mike Birchall.
: : We , Mahindra Intertrade Ltd, represent Zetec in India and Division acquired from RDT also represented by us.
: : If you are in India, Contact us for all info.
: : D.Simon Amallraja.
: : Mobile: 098663 43309

04:18 Aug-04-2005

Meindert Anderson

Director
Olympus,
USA,
Joined Dec 1999
Re: EDDY CURRENT/IRS
Thanks Mic, for making the correction on R/D Tech. Here are additional facts about the company:
On June 1 2005, Olympus Corporation acquired R/D Tech which resulted in the formation of a new business called Olympus NDT. Olympus NDT comprises all companies affiliated with R/D Tech at the time of the acquisition including Panametrics-NDT™, NDT Engineering, and Staveley NDT Technologies. The new company is headquartered in Waltham, MA, USA.

In 2004, Roper (owner of Zetec) acquired only the Power Generation division of R/D Tech.

Meindert Anderson,
Marketing Manager
Olympus NDT

: R/D was purchased by Zetech????? when..
: Only a part of R/D as far as I know.
: The new info is as replied by Mr. Neil Burleigh is correct.
: M/S 5800 was personally used by me and foud as highly relevent instrument.
: though all techniques are combined togather, it is not a problame to get as an Isolated machines in seperate modules like ECT RFT MFL or IRIS.
: if you need any info in India Pl contact Mr.Pramo0d Michal from Blue Star for all your sales quarries.
: if you are elsewhere then long on to www.rd-tech.com and send mail with refernece name to Mr. Calr Marciar
: for better and correct answers.
: Thanks
: Mic Brinslo
: Canada
: : Hasn't RD Tech been purchased by Olympus?
: : see www.rd-tech.com/news-olympus
: :
: : : : : Hi
: : : : : Your finding is right.There are four major tube testing methods viz.eddy current(for non-feromagnetic)Remote Field eddy current testing-RFET(for ferrous tubes,MFL-for ferros ,finned tubes and IRIS -for any tube material.Normally we are doing any one from-ET,RFET or MFL and for confirmation of findings we use IRIS.R/D tech has a range of equipments which could do all the four methods.MS 5800 and TC 5700 are the latest in their series.I have used both of them and I find TC 5700 more reliable and usefriendly eventhough MS 5800 is the latest.
: : : : : If u have anymore questions pls mail me
: : : : Gentlemen,
: : : : R/D Tech (which is now owned by Zetec, which is in turn owned by Roper Industries) has been making test gear for a number of years. While the advantages of a multitest unit are numerous, using one unit to do all can have its disadvantages as well. For instance, if your unit's power supply goes down, ALL of your testing ability goes down with it. Modularity allows the user to add features as they are needed (and can be paid for), but again, everything is contained in one unit. Many of our customers prefer having separate systems for reliability reasons. When deciding which system to use, remember that detection of cracking in thin-walled tubes is not what IRIS should be used for. Typically, that requires ET or RFT depending upon the material. IRIS Inspection Systems (http://www.iris-inspection.com/) produces an excellent system that is sold worldwide. Contact Ken Miertschin. CoreStar is a manufacturer of ET and RFT inspection gear that is controlled via EtherNet/PC. (www.corestar-corp.com). We have numerous systems deployed throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Pan American Industries (http://www.panamiris.com/) also produces an IRIS system. Contact Mike Birchall.
: : : We , Mahindra Intertrade Ltd, represent Zetec in India and Division acquired from RDT also represented by us.
: : : If you are in India, Contact us for all info.
: : : D.Simon Amallraja.
: : : Mobile: 098663 43309

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|