where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Inspection at bottom plates of LNG tank
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

00:56 May-21-2005
Mahmoud Mohamed
Inspection at bottom plates of LNG tank

Dear Sir
Are magnetic fluxes leakages can help us to inspect at welding of bottom plates of LNG tank? Please advice me by the best technique for inspection at bottom plate welding

00:34 May-23-2005

Frank Lund

R & D,
United Kingdom,
Joined Apr 2005
Re: Inspection at bottom plates of LNG tank You can use the electromagnetic array (EMA) technique to look for surface breaking cracks in your welds or plates. It has also been used to map corrosion on the inside of marine dieso tanks.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Sir
: Are magnetic fluxes leakages can help us to inspect at welding of bottom plates of LNG tank? Please advice me by the best technique for inspection at bottom plate welding
------------ End Original Message ------------

05:21 May-23-2005

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: Inspection at bottom plates of LNG tank Mahmoud

please specify weld type and is this new construction sor post service inspection.

MFL is not used for weld inspection.

If lap welds, vaccuum box is normal. If butt weld radiography or UT. Eddy Current can also be considered.

Define the problem then select the appropriate technique.

06:27 May-24-2005

RT JEYAKUMAR

NDT Inspector
Singapore,
Joined Aug 2002
Re: Inspection at bottom plates of LNG tank If it is butt welding, you can prefer to go for RT/UT.
If it is other than butt welding, UT is preferable.

for more information, give me some more details about this and contact me in my mail

Best regards

RT Jeyakumar

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|