where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Vidisco Ltd.
Vidisco Ltd. is the leading designer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art Digital Radiography systems.

Technical Discussions
Peter
Peter
09:03 Jun-16-2005
Braze Joints

Hi, I am trying to figure out what creates a standard for braze joints and braze joint inspection. I know about ultrasonic cscan and Quasar Process Compensated Resonant Inspection. Though highly doubtful I am wondering if there is any visual inspections you can do to determine a good or bad braze joint. I am also wondering if there is an industry standard to do a destructive inspection,like how many parts to pull from a lot to determine a lot pass/fail.

peter
peter
00:13 Jun-16-2005
Re: Braze Joints
Oh yeah just to you clarify. I am looking for general visual inspection techniques. I know it is heavily part specific if there are any techniques. I am looking for examples like percentage of braze alloy above joint.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi, I am trying to figure out what creates a standard for braze joints and braze joint inspection. I know about ultrasonic cscan and Quasar Process Compensated Resonant Inspection. Though highly doubtful I am wondering if there is any visual inspections you can do to determine a good or bad braze joint. I am also wondering if there is an industry standard to do a destructive inspection,like how many parts to pull from a lot to determine a lot pass/fail.
------------ End Original Message ------------

BILL KIESEL
NDT Inspector, level III L.P.I., X-RAY & U.T.
Smiths Tubular Systems-Laconia, USA, Joined Aug 2002, 4

BILL KIESEL

NDT Inspector, level III L.P.I., X-RAY & U.T.
Smiths Tubular Systems-Laconia,
USA,
Joined Aug 2002
02:12 Jun-18-2005
Re: Braze Joints
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Oh yeah just to you clarify. I am looking for general visual inspection techniques. I know it is heavily part specific if there are any techniques. I am looking for examples like percentage of braze alloy above joint.
: : Hi, I am trying to figure out what creates a standard for braze joints and braze joint inspection. I know about ultrasonic cscan and Quasar Process Compensated Resonant Inspection. Though highly doubtful I am wondering if there is any visual inspections you can do to determine a good or bad braze joint. I am also wondering if there is an industry standard to do a destructive inspection,like how many parts to pull from a lot to determine a lot pass/fail.
------------ End Original Message ------------

One of the commonly used method of confirming internal braze coverage using a visual method is to control which surface the braze is introduced and perform the inspection on tne opposite surface. this becomes a verification of braze flow. For NDT methods UT and X-Ray are your primary methods for confirming braze flow. In order to comply with a requirement that requires a specific percentage of braze coverage one of these methods will be needed.

Product Spotlight

X-ray CT aids research into defect formation in AM parts

X-ray CT is used to research how additive manufacturing process parameters influence defect format
ion in AM parts.
>

TVC awarded UKAS accreditation

TVC are delighted to finally announce we have been awarded UKAS accreditation for our calibration
laboratory. Laboratory accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 enables us to conduct the Electrical Verification of Ultrasonic Flaw Detection Equipment to BS EN 12668-1:2010. It has taken many months of hard work and we want to thank our staff for all their efforts during this massive undertaking.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window