where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Ultraviolet high intensity (125 watt) self filtered bulb
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

02:13 Jun-24-2005
Garrett Booth
Ultraviolet high intensity (125 watt) self filtered bulb

Does anyone know where GE Engines/UK CASA get their concerns for this type of UV bulb?

Does anyone know of any papers, OH&S (Safety) alerts etc on them (please, no word of mouth or hear say, I need to pull down the articles)?

06:49 Jun-26-2005
Patrick Garland
Re: Ultraviolet high intensity (125 watt) self filtered bulb ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Does anyone know where GE Engines/UK CASA get their concerns for this type of UV bulb?
: Does anyone know of any papers, OH&S (Safety) alerts etc on them (please, no word of mouth or hear say, I need to pull down the articles)?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Some years back there was concern about the amount of white light emitted together with the ultra violet light and today you can purchase a certified or un-certified bulb, many specifications state the minimum amount of white light permitted.

00:36 Jun-26-2005
Patrick Garland
Re: Ultraviolet high intensity (125 watt) self filtered bulb ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Does anyone know where GE Engines/UK CASA get their concerns for this type of UV bulb?
: Does anyone know of any papers, OH&S (Safety) alerts etc on them (please, no word of mouth or hear say, I need to pull down the articles)?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Pay a visit to the website www.ndt-ed.org , penetrant testing, quality and process control, lighting. Testing for possible white light emission of your UV inspection lamp.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|