where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Matec Instrument Companies, Inc.
Ultrasonic test instrumentation and systems for scientific research, quality control inspection and production testing applications.
Technical Discussions
anil
anil
06:59 Jun-25-2005
Re: I want to know information about welding condtion ?

i want to know about the positu\ions in welding i.e 1g, 3g ... etc

DJ Kallhof
DJ Kallhof
04:01 Jun-27-2005
Re: I want to know information about welding condtion ?
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: i want to know about the positu\ions in welding i.e 1g, 3g ... etc
------------ End Original Message ------------

There are different positions for plate, fillet and tube. They are as follows. ANSI/AWS B2.1:1998 Specification for Welding Procedure and Performance Qualification has a more detailed explanation than I am able to offer.
Test Plate Positions (Groove Weld)
1G - Plates horizontal
2G - Plates vertical, weld axis horizontal
3G - Plates vertical, weld axis vertical
4G - Plates horizontal overhead

Test Plate Positions (Fillet Weld)
1F - Flat position, Weld throat vertical
2F - Horizontal position, one plate must be horizontal
3F - Vertical position
4F - Overhead position, one plate must be horizontal

Test Pipe or Tube Positions (Groove Weld)
1G - Pipe horizontal & rotating, weld flat on near top
2G - Pipe vertical & stationary, weld horizontal
5G - Pipe horizontal fixed, weld flat, vertical, overhead
6G - Pipe inclined at 45 degrees, fixed

Product Spotlight

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window