where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
gowrishankar
R & D, scientist
ISRO, India, Joined Nov 2008, 34

gowrishankar

R & D, scientist
ISRO,
India,
Joined Nov 2008
01:51 Jun-27-2005
SCC in aluminum

Sir,
what are the possible environments for SCC in aluminum alloy AA 2219?

GOWRISHANKAR W

David Forsyth
R & D
TRI/Austin, USA, Joined Nov 2001, 41

David Forsyth

R & D
TRI/Austin,
USA,
Joined Nov 2001
05:51 Jun-27-2005
Re: SCC in aluminum
You may want to check the article "Wusheng Hu, E. I. Meletis: Materials Science Forum 331 to 337
(2000) 1683." I don't have an ecopy of this.

In practical terms, intergranular corrosion attack in Al alloys is greatly assisted by poor machining/manufacturing methods. Exposed end grains in rolled plate, for example, are susceptible to pitting attack which serves as the nucleation site for intergranular cracks. All you need is some moisture, the intermetallic alloying elements at the grain boundary provide the potential.

Regards, Dave.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Sir,
: what are the possible environments for SCC in aluminum alloy AA 2219?
: GOWRISHANKAR W
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

I&T Nardoni

NDT, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OF NEW METHODOLOGY, TRAINING CENTER I&T NARDON INSTITUTE was idiated
in 1988 by Giuseppe Nardoni, now president and owner of the company, based on his multi-annual and international experience in the field of NDT.
>

X-ray CT aids research into defect formation in AM parts

X-ray CT is used to research how additive manufacturing process parameters influence defect format
ion in AM parts.
>

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window