where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
API 653 and Storage Tabnk Inspection
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

PBP Optel sp. z o.o.
We are searching new ways - in ultrasonic techniques - in creation of new products

06:38 May-21-1999
Vince Carucci
API 653 and Storage Tabnk Inspection

API 653 provides the owner-user a fair amount of latitude re: the extent of inspection that is done on aboveground atmospheric storage tanks. I'm curious how folks have used their local experience to come up with the extent of inspection that is actually done on particular tank shells and bottoms, and how they prioritize which tanks are inspected and when. Any info. that could be shared would be appreciated. Thanks.

05:14 May-28-1999

Alex Romanow

NDT Inspector
Never been institutionalized.,
Canada,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: API 653 and Storage Tabnk Inspection : API 653 provides the owner-user a fair amount of latitude re: the extent of inspection that is done on aboveground atmospheric storage tanks. I'm curious how folks have used their local experience to come up with the extent of inspection that is actually done on particular tank shells and bottoms, and how they prioritize which tanks are inspected and when. Any info. that could be shared would be appreciated. Thanks.

Certain criteria regarding above ground storage tanks will prompt an owner user to the extent of the inspection performed on the tank shell and bottom, including age, service, previous inspection and repair history, compliance of tank with 653 criteria, etc.
Please call if you would like to discuss. Alex Romanow Jr. HMT Inspection & Engineering 403-252-4487

01:50 Jun-03-1999

Michael Trinidad

Consultant, API 510 570 & 653
Marine Inspection Service Pty Ltd (MIS),
Australia,
Joined Jan 2003
Re: API 653 and Storage Tabnk Inspection : API 653 provides the owner-user a fair amount of latitude re: the extent of inspection that is done on aboveground atmospheric storage tanks. I'm curious how folks have used their local experience to come up with the extent of inspection that is actually done on particular tank shells and bottoms, and how they prioritize which tanks are inspected and when. Any info. that could be shared would be appreciated. Thanks.

Equipment such as floorscanners can allow calculation of corrosion rates with other general NDT

06:24 Aug-29-2001

pramod myakal

Consultant
AGM Techno consultants,
India,
Joined Jan 2003
Re: API 653 and Storage Tabnk Inspection Hi,
This is Myakal,

I would like to know that what are the testing methods that can be applied to out of service line pipes 5 1/2” and 3 1/2” drill pipes , can be applied for overall integrity testing prior to put them back in service.

Any expert having a good exp. In tubing inspection for the above propose pl. send your shortest resume specifying exp in above area only. to e-mail i.d given below.

Is there any specific standard can be referred for given purpose.

Please reply to myakal@hotmail.com or prsu@vsnl.com

06:25 Aug-29-2001

pramod myakal

Consultant
AGM Techno consultants,
India,
Joined Jan 2003
automated ut on welds / vaccancy Hi to all NDT Automaticians,

I would like to know what would be the time consumed in scanning 26” dia pipe butt joint. And how many joints can be inspected within 8 hr of shift.

Any expert having auto-UT weld scanning exp. Pl mail your resume to following e-mail id. Should know setting up auto ut machine and responsible to carry out job individually. Exp. With auto UT machine TOMOSCAN should be highly appreciable (vacancy in middle east)

Pl. reply myakal@rediffmail.com
Pramod Myakal

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|