where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
IClampers
IClampers
03:06 Jul-08-2005
Mathematical Formula's For Gamma exposures

Does anyone know the matematic formulas to determine an exposure time? I want to do a spreadsheet based on these formula's but dont know what they are. They are obviously logarithmic functions as can be seen by the layout of the slide rules, but i dont know how to calculate it.

Appreciate any help.

I want to be able to determine by spreadsheet safe working distances based on size and thickness of piping, use and size of collimator, whether pipe is full or empty, any other shielding in area, etc....

By having spreadsheet I can do what if scenarios very easily to determine this.

Ed T.
Ed T.
06:09 Jul-09-2005
Re: Mathematical Formula's For Gamma exposures
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Does anyone know the matematic formulas to determine an exposure time? I want to do a spreadsheet based on these formula's but dont know what they are. They are obviously logarithmic functions as can be seen by the layout of the slide rules, but i dont know how to calculate it.
: Appreciate any help.
: I want to be able to determine by spreadsheet safe working distances based on size and thickness of piping, use and size of collimator, whether pipe is full or empty, any other shielding in area, etc....
: By having spreadsheet I can do what if scenarios very easily to determine this.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Ice, provide me with your email address. I have some excel spreadsheets that do that.

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1219

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
05:58 Jul-09-2005
Some years ago we provided NDT.net a series of simple problem solving software. These can be freely downloaded at http://www.ndt.net/publicat/bibliog/pss.htm

Exposure times as were determined by the old slide rules are included in the RT ProblemSolver
Regards
Ed

: : Does anyone know the matematic formulas to determine an exposure time? I want to do a spreadsheet based on these formula's but dont know what they are. They are obviously logarithmic functions as can be seen by the layout of the slide rules, but i dont know how to calculate it.
: : Appreciate any help.
: : I want to be able to determine by spreadsheet safe working distances based on size and thickness of piping, use and size of collimator, whether pipe is full or empty, any other shielding in area, etc....
: : By having spreadsheet I can do what if scenarios very easily to determine this.
: Ice, provide me with your email address. I have some excel spreadsheets that do that.

IClampers
IClampers
01:15 Jul-10-2005
Thanks Ed. But what are the actual formuala to use to calculate this mathematically. I would like to configure a spreadsheet for my own specific uses and applications.

: Some years ago we provided NDT.net a series of simple problem solving software. These can be freely downloaded at http://www.ndt.net/publicat/bibliog/pss.htm
: Exposure times as were determined by the old slide rules are included in the RT ProblemSolver
: Regards
: Ed
: : : Does anyone know the matematic formulas to determine an exposure time? I want to do a spreadsheet based on these formula's but dont know what they are. They are obviously logarithmic functions as can be seen by the layout of the slide rules, but i dont know how to calculate it.
: : : Appreciate any help.
: : : I want to be able to determine by spreadsheet safe working distances based on size and thickness of piping, use and size of collimator, whether pipe is full or empty, any other shielding in area, etc....
: : : By having spreadsheet I can do what if scenarios very easily to determine this.
: : Ice, provide me with your email address. I have some excel spreadsheets that do that.

SatKiwi
SatKiwi
23:35 Feb-25-2011
In Reply to IClampers at 03:06 Jul-08-2005 (Opening).

IClampers,

did you ever get this figured out?

I have a formula, however, Im having difficulties fine tuning it... its a little out from the times we are using... I can achieve these times by adjusting a tuning value, but its no help when its for every weld :D

Ed T.
Ed T.
09:03 Feb-27-2011
In Reply to SatKiwi at 23:35 Feb-25-2011 .

Download Virus Scan recommended!

Maybe this can help. It was developed by a guy at Livermore Nat'l Labs and was given to me. I have UT formulae as well.

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 822

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
03:56 Feb-28-2011
In Reply to Ed T. at 09:03 Feb-27-2011 .

One of my technician actually downloaded it from the internet onto his blueberry.

LALIT MOHAN KOTHARI
Consultant, -
On ..IOCL and BARC(Bhabha Atomic Research Centre).etc, India, Joined Jan 2003, 128

LALIT MOHAN KOTHARI

Consultant, -
On ..IOCL and BARC(Bhabha Atomic Research Centre).etc,
India,
Joined Jan 2003
11:26 Mar-01-2011

Download

IClampers/ALL ,
I am uploding a capsule to you .about RT formula ++++ other information alsoplease download the attach file ( F F# Film Factor)
Thanks&Regard

Emman Odron
Emman Odron
09:56 Jan-13-2012

ET = (thickness factor)(source factor)(density factor)(SFD)squared(collimator factor)
divided by 144(curie)

Product Spotlight

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

Mentor UT – Ultrasonic Phased Array Flaw Detector

With Mentor UT, you get an accessible and efficient inspection experience. Create user-defined menus
and workflows (“apps”) with GE’s desktop software Mentor Create to ensure consistency, even for the most complex inspections, every time. Mentor UT is the first UT device to easily allow wireless connectivity and live streaming, so you get second opinions when you need them most—in real-time.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s