where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Mathematical Formula's For Gamma exposures
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

03:06 Jul-08-2005
IClampers
Mathematical Formula's For Gamma exposures

Does anyone know the matematic formulas to determine an exposure time? I want to do a spreadsheet based on these formula's but dont know what they are. They are obviously logarithmic functions as can be seen by the layout of the slide rules, but i dont know how to calculate it.

Appreciate any help.

I want to be able to determine by spreadsheet safe working distances based on size and thickness of piping, use and size of collimator, whether pipe is full or empty, any other shielding in area, etc....

By having spreadsheet I can do what if scenarios very easily to determine this.

06:09 Jul-09-2005
Ed T.
Re: Mathematical Formula's For Gamma exposures ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Does anyone know the matematic formulas to determine an exposure time? I want to do a spreadsheet based on these formula's but dont know what they are. They are obviously logarithmic functions as can be seen by the layout of the slide rules, but i dont know how to calculate it.
: Appreciate any help.
: I want to be able to determine by spreadsheet safe working distances based on size and thickness of piping, use and size of collimator, whether pipe is full or empty, any other shielding in area, etc....
: By having spreadsheet I can do what if scenarios very easily to determine this.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Ice, provide me with your email address. I have some excel spreadsheets that do that.

05:58 Jul-09-2005

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Mathematical Formula's For Gamma exposures Some years ago we provided NDT.net a series of simple problem solving software. These can be freely downloaded at http://www.ndt.net/publicat/bibliog/pss.htm

Exposure times as were determined by the old slide rules are included in the RT ProblemSolver
Regards
Ed

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Does anyone know the matematic formulas to determine an exposure time? I want to do a spreadsheet based on these formula's but dont know what they are. They are obviously logarithmic functions as can be seen by the layout of the slide rules, but i dont know how to calculate it.
: : Appreciate any help.
: : I want to be able to determine by spreadsheet safe working distances based on size and thickness of piping, use and size of collimator, whether pipe is full or empty, any other shielding in area, etc....
: : By having spreadsheet I can do what if scenarios very easily to determine this.
: Ice, provide me with your email address. I have some excel spreadsheets that do that.

01:15 Jul-10-2005
IClampers
Re: Mathematical Formula's For Gamma exposures Thanks Ed. But what are the actual formuala to use to calculate this mathematically. I would like to configure a spreadsheet for my own specific uses and applications.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Some years ago we provided NDT.net a series of simple problem solving software. These can be freely downloaded at http://www.ndt.net/publicat/bibliog/pss.htm
: Exposure times as were determined by the old slide rules are included in the RT ProblemSolver
: Regards
: Ed
: : : Does anyone know the matematic formulas to determine an exposure time? I want to do a spreadsheet based on these formula's but dont know what they are. They are obviously logarithmic functions as can be seen by the layout of the slide rules, but i dont know how to calculate it.
: : : Appreciate any help.
: : : I want to be able to determine by spreadsheet safe working distances based on size and thickness of piping, use and size of collimator, whether pipe is full or empty, any other shielding in area, etc....
: : : By having spreadsheet I can do what if scenarios very easily to determine this.
: : Ice, provide me with your email address. I have some excel spreadsheets that do that.

23:35 Feb-25-2011
SatKiwi
Re: Mathematical Formula's For Gamma exposures In Reply to IClampers at 03:06 Jul-08-2005 (Opening).

IClampers,

did you ever get this figured out?

I have a formula, however, Im having difficulties fine tuning it... its a little out from the times we are using... I can achieve these times by adjusting a tuning value, but its no help when its for every weld :D

09:03 Feb-27-2011
Ed T.
Re: Mathematical Formula's For Gamma exposures In Reply to SatKiwi at 23:35 Feb-25-2011 .

Download Virus Scan recommended!

Maybe this can help. It was developed by a guy at Livermore Nat'l Labs and was given to me. I have UT formulae as well.

03:56 Feb-28-2011

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
Re: Mathematical Formula's For Gamma exposures In Reply to Ed T. at 09:03 Feb-27-2011 .

One of my technician actually downloaded it from the internet onto his blueberry.

11:26 Mar-01-2011

LALIT MOHAN KOTHARI

Consultant, -
On ..IOCL and BARC(Bhabha Atomic Research Centre).etc,
India,
Joined Jan 2003
Re: Mathematical Formula's For Gamma exposures In Reply to IClampers at 03:06 Jul-08-2005 (Opening).

Download

IClampers/ALL ,
I am uploding a capsule to you .about RT formula ++++ other information alsoplease download the attach file ( F F# Film Factor)
Thanks&Regard

09:56 Jan-13-2012
Emman Odron

ET = (thickness factor)(source factor)(density factor)(SFD)squared(collimator factor)
divided by 144(curie)

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|