where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

EKOSCAN
EKOSCAN is a French manufacturer specialized in equipment for ultrasonic Non Destructive Testing: Probes,UT boards & Scanners tailored for your needs
Technical Discussions
KRISHNAN
KRISHNAN
07:52 Jul-14-2005
WAVE PATTERN

Dear Sirs,
Is it same of wave pattern (wavelenth and other characteristics) which produced in transducer element and RECEIVING signal after interfering with material' grain structures.

Because I feel that wave length will be distrubed when it crosses too many size of grain boundries.

Please kindly explain me about this topic.

Thank you very much

Regards,

Krishnan

Dr. Anish Kumar
R & D, Scientist
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, India, Joined Mar 2000, 7

Dr. Anish Kumar

R & D, Scientist
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research,
India,
Joined Mar 2000
07:49 Jul-16-2005
Re: WAVE PATTERN
Hi Krishnan, You are right. The frequency characteristics of the ultrasoic wave (I assume you are talking about ultrasoic wave only) changes as it propagates through materials with different grain sizes due to different frequency dependent attenuation. You may see our following papers:

1.Anish Kumar, T. Jayakumar and Baldev Raj "Ultrasonic Spectral Analysis for Microstructural Characterization in Austenitic and Ferritic Steels", Philosophical Magazine A, Vol. 80 (2000) pp. 2469-2487.
2.Anish Kumar, T. Jayakumar, P. Palanichamy and Baldev Raj, "Influence of Grain Size on Ultrasonic Spectral Parameters in AISI Type 316 Stainless Steel
Scripta Materialia, Vol. 40 (1999) pp. 333-340.

Regards,
Anish

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Sirs,
: Is it same of wave pattern (wavelenth and other characteristics) which produced in transducer element and RECEIVING signal after interfering with material' grain structures.
: Because I feel that wave length will be distrubed whenit crosses too many size of grain boundries.
: Please kindly explain me about this topic.
: Thank you very much
: Regards,
: Krishnan
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window