where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Tubing wall thickness measurements.
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

VOGT Ultrasonics GmbH
non-destructive testing, services, training, ultrasonic systems, immersion and squirter inspection systems, PROline, digital radiology

06:39 Aug-08-2005
Chris Wright
Tubing wall thickness measurements.

Hi.
I am looking to get a complete picture of wall thickness (i.e 360 degree view all along the length) for many sections of steel pipe with inner diameters ranging from 8.5" to 12.5". I have access to both the inside and outside of the pipe. Ideally, I would like a device which could operate in dry pipe in the store yard, but failing that the pipe could be filled with sea water.
Anyone know of suitable products out there?
Thanks.

05:30 Aug-10-2005
Richard Kazares
Re: Tubing wall thickness measurements. If you have access to the outside of the wall - our Large Structure Inspecition (LSI) System - can handle the diameter ranges you have given. It can produce the full 360 degree view that you require (C-Scan) - as well as provide statistical data and results. In addition, we have software that can "stitch" individual images together to produce a CONTINUOUS "picture" (with the backup data) of the complete length of pipe (it doesn't matter how long it is) - in ONE view.

I will send you an example of a scanned pipe section via your e-mail.

Feel free to contact me for more information

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi.
: I am looking to get a complete picture of wall thickness (i.e 360 degree view all along the length) for many sections of steel pipe with inner diameters ranging from 8.5" to 12.5". I have access to both the inside and outside of the pipe. Ideally, I would like a device which could operate in dry pipe in the store yard, but failing that the pipe could be filledwith sea water.
: Anyone know of suitable products out there?
: Thanks.
------------ End Original Message ------------

09:47 Aug-10-2005
Carlos Correia
Re: Tubing wall thickness measurements. I think you can use a B-Scan system and perform a Scan from outside diameter. Ultratek and LeCour have a portable external cards (US BOX) that you can conect to a PC and perform the B-SCAN.
Regards

: I am looking to get a complete picture of wall thickness (i.e 360 degree view all along the length) for many sections of steel pipe with inner diameters ranging from 8.5" to 12.5". I have access to both the inside and outside of the pipe. Ideally, I would like a device which could operate in dry pipe in the store yard, but failing that the pipe could be filled with sea water.

03:06 Aug-11-2005
Allan
Re: Tubing wall thickness measurements. You could also utilize an IRIS ultrasonic system (from the ID) using regular water as a couplant. Contact Pan American Industries

: I am looking to get a complete picture of wall thickness (i.e 360 degree view all along the length) for many sections of steel pipe with inner diameters ranging from 8.5" to 12.5". I have access to both the inside and outside of the pipe. Ideally, I would like a device which could operate in dry pipe in the store yard, but failing that the pipe could be filled with sea water.

00:04 Aug-17-2005
Natt
Re: Tubing wall thickness measurements. ----------- Start Original Message -----------

Please check out for Tubular inspection at www.dacon-inspection.com

03:32 Aug-24-2005
Jim Yukes
Re: Tubing wall thickness measurements. ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Hi.
: : I am looking to get a complete picture of wall thickness (i.e 360 degree view all along the length) for many sections of steel pipe with inner diameters ranging from 8.5" to 12.5". I have access to both the inside and outside of the pipe. Ideally, I would like a device which could operate in dry pipe in the store yard, but failing that the pipe could be filled with sea water.
: : Anyone know of suitable products out there?
: : Thanks.
: Please check out for Tubular inspection at www.dacon-inspection.com
Also visit Panamiris.com and look at the IRISPig. It was developed for measuring wall thickness in pipes from the ID.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|