where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Chris Wright
Chris Wright
06:39 Aug-08-2005
Tubing wall thickness measurements.

Hi.
I am looking to get a complete picture of wall thickness (i.e 360 degree view all along the length) for many sections of steel pipe with inner diameters ranging from 8.5" to 12.5". I have access to both the inside and outside of the pipe. Ideally, I would like a device which could operate in dry pipe in the store yard, but failing that the pipe could be filled with sea water.
Anyone know of suitable products out there?
Thanks.

Richard Kazares
Richard Kazares
05:30 Aug-10-2005
Re: Tubing wall thickness measurements.
If you have access to the outside of the wall - our Large Structure Inspecition (LSI) System - can handle the diameter ranges you have given. It can produce the full 360 degree view that you require (C-Scan) - as well as provide statistical data and results. In addition, we have software that can "stitch" individual images together to produce a CONTINUOUS "picture" (with the backup data) of the complete length of pipe (it doesn't matter how long it is) - in ONE view.

I will send you an example of a scanned pipe section via your e-mail.

Feel free to contact me for more information

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi.
: I am looking to get a complete picture of wall thickness (i.e 360 degree view all along the length) for many sections of steel pipe with inner diameters ranging from 8.5" to 12.5". I have access to both the inside and outside of the pipe. Ideally, I would like a device which could operate in dry pipe in the store yard, but failing that the pipe could be filledwith sea water.
: Anyone know of suitable products out there?
: Thanks.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Carlos Correia
Carlos Correia
09:47 Aug-10-2005
I think you can use a B-Scan system and perform a Scan from outside diameter. Ultratek and LeCour have a portable external cards (US BOX) that you can conect to a PC and perform the B-SCAN.
Regards

: I am looking to get a complete picture of wall thickness (i.e 360 degree view all along the length) for many sections of steel pipe with inner diameters ranging from 8.5" to 12.5". I have access to both the inside and outside of the pipe. Ideally, I would like a device which could operate in dry pipe in the store yard, but failing that the pipe could be filled with sea water.

Allan
Allan
03:06 Aug-11-2005
You could also utilize an IRIS ultrasonic system (from the ID) using regular water as a couplant. Contact Pan American Industries

: I am looking to get a complete picture of wall thickness (i.e 360 degree view all along the length) for many sections of steel pipe with inner diameters ranging from 8.5" to 12.5". I have access to both the inside and outside of the pipe. Ideally, I would like a device which could operate in dry pipe in the store yard, but failing that the pipe could be filled with sea water.

Natt
Natt
00:04 Aug-17-2005

Please check out for Tubular inspection at www.dacon-inspection.com

Jim Yukes
Jim Yukes
03:32 Aug-24-2005
: : Hi.
: : I am looking to get a complete picture of wall thickness (i.e 360 degree view all along the length) for many sections of steel pipe with inner diameters ranging from 8.5" to 12.5". I have access to both the inside and outside of the pipe. Ideally, I would like a device which could operate in dry pipe in the store yard, but failing that the pipe could be filled with sea water.
: : Anyone know of suitable products out there?
: : Thanks.
: Please check out for Tubular inspection at www.dacon-inspection.com
Also visit Panamiris.com and look at the IRISPig. It was developed for measuring wall thickness in pipes from the ID.

Product Spotlight

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

High Resolution Industrial CT System for Small/Medium Size Parts Inspection

The YXLON FF35 CT computed tomography system is designed to achieve extremely precise inspection res
ults for a wide range of applications. Available in a single or dual tube configuration, it is perfect for very small to medium size parts inspection in the automotive, electronics, aviation, and material science industries.
>

Trade-In Offer

We are offering our existing clients trade-in against Wavemaker® G3 systems, Standard (Blue) inflat
able rings and modules for excellent deals on the latest Wavemaker® G4mini system.
>

NozzleScan: Radial nozzle scanner with probe skew

NozzleScan is a versatile manual scanning solution developed for the inspection of nozzle welds in
both set-through and set-on configurations. Available in both two-axis and three-axis instrument configurations and adaptable to cover a wide range of 90-degree nozzle sizes, from 3" upwards, on ferritic and austenitic materials.The transducer skew axis can also be adjusted, encoded and locked.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s