where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
edge effects
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Volume Graphics GmbH
Leading industrial companies around the world look for defects in their products using Volume Graphics software.

09:37 Aug-10-2005
Lamura
edge effects

I'm interesting in the problem of modelling the variation of the impedance of a probing coil when the sample placed in front of it (at a generic lift-off distance h) has the same dimensions of the coil. do you know any pubblication on this subject. Could anyone help me?

04:47 Nov-20-2005
Changqing Lee
Re: edge effects This is a common problem in Eddy current testing. One of the general way to model this problem is to use finite element method. A 2D axial simulation or a 3D simulation is doable now for this problem.

If you want to obtain theoretical solution, (like an integral solution for a coil over an infinite plate) for this problem, it is very challenging. Up to now, I dont think any publications on this project are available for the edge effects.

People normally are trying to avoid it. If a coil with a magnetic shielding, the edge effect can be minimized.

Hope this helps.
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I'm interesting in the problem of modelling the variation of the impedance of a probing coil when the sample placed in front of it (at a generic lift-off distance h) has the same dimensions of the coil. do you know any pubblication on this subject. Could anyone help me?
------------ End Original Message ------------

00:34 Oct-01-2006
fds
Re: edge effects ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I'm interesting in the problem of modelling the variation of the impedance of a probing coil when the sample placed in front of it (at a generic lift-off distance h) has the same dimensions of the coil. do you know any pubblication on this subject. Could anyone help me?
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|