where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Structural pipe TKY joint
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

IDEKO S.Coop
We provide Precision, Quality, Reliability and Productivity in manufacturing processes among our knowledge of Inspection and measurement technologies

05:38 Aug-13-2005
kk
Structural pipe TKY joint

I would appreciate if anybody can let me know the formulas or program or software to calculate the structural tky joint profile template for the joint preparation.

If not , maybe where to get those info.

Thanks
KK

01:38 Aug-15-2005

Mankenberg

Consultant
USA,
Joined Nov 2003
Re: Structural pipe TKY joint ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I would appreciate if anybody can let me know the formulas or program or software to calculate the structural tky joint profile template for the joint preparation.
: If not , maybe where to get those info.
: Thanks
: KK
------------ End Original Message ------------

Annex G of AWS D1.1 provides some information. You can use this as a basis to construct templates if what you are considering is hand cutting/grinding the preps.
Depending on your circumstances, however, it is likely that the most convenient way to prep these joints is with a pipe cutting machine programmed to do so. For this contact the equipment manufacturer.
Mankenberg

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|