where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Airstar Inc.
Application of the newest technologies, such as air-coupled ultrasound, digital instrumentation, signal processing, and transducer technology.

Technical Discussions
Tim Anderson
NDT Inspector,
Eclipse Sientific Products Inc., Canada, Joined Aug 2005, 2

Tim Anderson

NDT Inspector,
Eclipse Sientific Products Inc.,
Canada,
Joined Aug 2005
08:47 Aug-16-2005
Acoustic emission equipment for boom truck inspection

I am looking for help in finding the names of companies that produce/sell acoustic emission equipment (available in North America) designed to inspect the fiberglass booms of bucket/boom trucks. So far I've only been able to discern one company as actually listing equipment configured for boom truck inspection, PAC in New Jersey. I'm interested in any AE equipment packages that can be configured to do fiberglass boom truck inspections.

(Please ignore my similar posting in the General Discussions forum it was inadvertantly posted in that forum by mistake.)

Thank You
Tim Anderson

Mark Carlos
Engineering, -
MISTRAS Products & Systems, USA, Joined Mar 2002, 4

Mark Carlos

Engineering, -
MISTRAS Products & Systems,
USA,
Joined Mar 2002
03:00 Aug-19-2005
Re: Acoustic emission equipment for boom truck inspection
Tim, as you mention, Physical Acoustics would be happy to help you. PAC has specific products and software that address the bucket truck testing market. The ADTIwin software is specifically configured to carry out tests on fiberglass boom trucks and follows ASTM F914, F1430 and F1797 AE testing procedures. Call 609-716-4000 for assistance. Regards

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am looking for help in finding the names of companies that produce/sell acoustic emission equipment (available in North America) designed to inspect the fiberglass booms of bucket/boom trucks. So far I've only been able to discern one company as actually listing equipment configured for boom truck inspection, PAC in New Jersey. I'm interested in any AE equipment packages that can be configured to do fiberglass boom truck inspections.
: (Please ignore my similar posting in the General Discussions forum it was inadvertantly posted in that forum by mistake.)
: Thank You
: Tim Anderson
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

Exertus Dual 120

The Exertus Dual 120 Projector has the ability to accept Iridium 192 sources or Selenium 75 source
s. This projector incorporates design and safety features that make it flexible, compact and lightweight. The Projector is lighter than most of its competitors. It incorporates an improved source channel, based on a new helicoidal design, which makes maintenance easier. The helicoidal design also allows smoother movement of the source assembly inside the device, making it easier for the operator and improving safety. The Projector also has a unique safety feature not found in competitive products. The source assembly locking mechanism is triggered by the source holder capsule at the front of the source assembly, thereby always assuring the operator that the source has returned to the safe position. The Exertus Dual 120 is ISO3999:2004 compliant.
>

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

Spot weld inspection with Phased Array – PHAsis.one

The first PAUT spot weld inspection device offering a physical resolution of the spot weld diamete
r better than 0.35mm. Precise: more than 700 real UT measurements per spot weld. Easy to go: minimal training required due to the user friendly inspection software. Be sure: safe evaluation due to the imaging result display and automated creation of an evaluation proposal for the spot weld quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s