where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Eddyfi
Eddyfi Technologies provide the most advanced NDT technologies in the world, helping OEMs, asset owners and service companies enhance productivit ...
Technical Discussions
Shashikant G
Consultant
Enrico Enterprises, India, Joined Jul 2004, 20

Shashikant G

Consultant
Enrico Enterprises,
India,
Joined Jul 2004
02:59 Aug-20-2005
Beam angle

Dear friends
I have some problem in calculating the beam divergency. For round type crystal ( say 10 m dia.)we are entering the diameter value of the crystal in the formula but if the crystal is rectangle ( say 9 x 8 mm ) then what value we have to enter in the formula either diagonal value or the size value i.e. 8mm or 9mm ?
Please guide me and what is the different between round type crystal and rectangle type crystal sound beam?
If i am testing the weld of pipe, diameter is 20 " and wall thickness 15 mm and using 45 degree angle probe with 8 x 9 mm rectangle crystal . I place the probe at 2 skip distance from the N5 type notch. What would be the beam diversion angle?
thanking you

Product Spotlight

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window