where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Shashikant G
Consultant
Enrico Enterprises, India, Joined Jul 2004, 20

Shashikant G

Consultant
Enrico Enterprises,
India,
Joined Jul 2004
02:59 Aug-20-2005
Beam angle

Dear friends
I have some problem in calculating the beam divergency. For round type crystal ( say 10 m dia.)we are entering the diameter value of the crystal in the formula but if the crystal is rectangle ( say 9 x 8 mm ) then what value we have to enter in the formula either diagonal value or the size value i.e. 8mm or 9mm ?
Please guide me and what is the different between round type crystal and rectangle type crystal sound beam?
If i am testing the weld of pipe, diameter is 20 " and wall thickness 15 mm and using 45 degree angle probe with 8 x 9 mm rectangle crystal . I place the probe at 2 skip distance from the N5 type notch. What would be the beam diversion angle?
thanking you

Product Spotlight

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Digital Radiography for Concrete Inspection

In the construction industry (buildings, bridges) there is a need for fast non- destructive means,
most commonly to locate targets (Pipes, Re-bars, Conduit, Fittings etc.) within concrete structures prior to drilling, cutting or coring. Measuring reinforcements is also performed for static calculations and to detect corrosion problems and damages. Cracks and voids can also be visualized. The examinations are not only restricted to concrete constructions; they can also be applied to reinforced masonry made of natural stones or bricks.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Echomac® PA Rail Wheel Tester

MAC introduces two versions of Rail Wheel Testers using ECHOMAC® PA platform based on customer requ
irements.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s