where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

YXLON International GmbH
YXLON International - innovative High-Tech-Company with long traditionYXLON International develops, manufactures and markets digital radios ...
Technical Discussions
Shashikant G
Consultant
Enrico Enterprises, India, Joined Jul 2004, 20

Shashikant G

Consultant
Enrico Enterprises,
India,
Joined Jul 2004
02:59 Aug-20-2005
Beam angle

Dear friends
I have some problem in calculating the beam divergency. For round type crystal ( say 10 m dia.)we are entering the diameter value of the crystal in the formula but if the crystal is rectangle ( say 9 x 8 mm ) then what value we have to enter in the formula either diagonal value or the size value i.e. 8mm or 9mm ?
Please guide me and what is the different between round type crystal and rectangle type crystal sound beam?
If i am testing the weld of pipe, diameter is 20 " and wall thickness 15 mm and using 45 degree angle probe with 8 x 9 mm rectangle crystal . I place the probe at 2 skip distance from the N5 type notch. What would be the beam diversion angle?
thanking you

Product Spotlight

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

Silverwing RMS PA - Phased-array corrosion mapping

Eddyfi Technologies integrated two market leading solutions, Silverwing’s RMS and M2M’s instru
ments to provide a high-speed, remote access ultrasonic phased-array inspection system with live total focusing method (TFM).
>

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built-in battery and internal wireless commu
nication, the NEOS III is perfect for users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window