where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Shashikant G
Consultant
Enrico Enterprises, India, Joined Jul 2004, 20

Shashikant G

Consultant
Enrico Enterprises,
India,
Joined Jul 2004
02:59 Aug-20-2005
Beam angle

Dear friends
I have some problem in calculating the beam divergency. For round type crystal ( say 10 m dia.)we are entering the diameter value of the crystal in the formula but if the crystal is rectangle ( say 9 x 8 mm ) then what value we have to enter in the formula either diagonal value or the size value i.e. 8mm or 9mm ?
Please guide me and what is the different between round type crystal and rectangle type crystal sound beam?
If i am testing the weld of pipe, diameter is 20 " and wall thickness 15 mm and using 45 degree angle probe with 8 x 9 mm rectangle crystal . I place the probe at 2 skip distance from the N5 type notch. What would be the beam diversion angle?
thanking you

Product Spotlight

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window