where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Beam angle
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Controle Mesure Systemes
Contrôle Mesure Systèmes designs, develops and manufactures nearly 30 years a complete NDT range of products in eddy current and ultrasonic testing methods.

02:59 Aug-20-2005

Shashikant G

Consultant
Enrico Enterprises,
India,
Joined Jul 2004
Beam angle

Dear friends
I have some problem in calculating the beam divergency. For round type crystal ( say 10 m dia.)we are entering the diameter value of the crystal in the formula but if the crystal is rectangle ( say 9 x 8 mm ) then what value we have to enter in the formula either diagonal value or the size value i.e. 8mm or 9mm ?
Please guide me and what is the different between round type crystal and rectangle type crystal sound beam?
If i am testing the weld of pipe, diameter is 20 " and wall thickness 15 mm and using 45 degree angle probe with 8 x 9 mm rectangle crystal . I place the probe at 2 skip distance from the N5 type notch. What would be the beam diversion angle?
thanking you

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|