where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Mathias
Mathias
06:04 Aug-22-2005
Digital X-Ray

Does anyone have a good experience of digital X-Ray inspection of welds?
What I am interested of is weld inspection, 3-30 mm material thickness and image quality at the same level as AGFA D4 or better.

Ken Hardy
Ken Hardy
05:11 Aug-24-2005
Re: Digital X-Ray
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Does anyone have a good experience of digital X-Ray inspection of welds?
: What I am interested of is weld inspection, 3-30 mm material thickness and image quality at the same level as AGFA D4 or better.
------------ End Original Message ------------
The Technology is avaiable to meet your requirements at a real time rate for most applications

Dan Guerrero
Dan Guerrero
07:01 Aug-24-2005
: What I am interested of is weld inspection, 3-30 mm material thickness and image quality at the same level as AGFA D4 or better.

There are several options depending on throughput and mechanical manipulation.

Mathias
Mathias
08:17 Aug-25-2005
: : Does anyone have a good experience of digital X-Ray inspection of welds?
: : What I am interested of is weld inspection, 3-30 mm material thickness and image quality at the same level as AGFA D4 or better.
: There are several options depending on throughput and mechanical manipulation.
Yes, I know about the different options but can you explain why nobody uses it in the sectors with the most severe weld requirements?

Simon Amallraja
Simon Amallraja
05:29 Aug-25-2005

If you are in India, contact Mahindra Intertrade Ltd. We have Vidisco Flat Panel System for that applications. We can send you the details.

Simon.

John Pursley
R & D
Envision Product Design, USA, Joined Oct 1999, 23

John Pursley

R & D
Envision Product Design,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
09:37 Aug-25-2005
If contact me by email, I will supply contact information of some of our customers who have experience with weld inspection using digital X-ray.

: : Does anyone have a good experience of digital X-Ray inspection of welds?
: : What I am interested of is weld inspection, 3-30 mm material thickness and image quality at the same level as AGFA D4 or better.
: The Technology is avaiable to meet your requirements at a real time rate for most applications

Gary
Consultant
TWI, United Kingdom, Joined May 2001, 15

Gary

Consultant
TWI,
United Kingdom,
Joined May 2001
01:56 Aug-25-2005

Mathias

TWI has some 50 NDT Engineers and has undertaken several studies as an independent organisation in this field.

We also offer a service to project manage/oversee the change from film to digital process. Further help is available from the NDT Validation Centre situated in South Wales.

Please use my works email (Gary.Penney@twi.co.uk) or call +44 777 617 45 85 for any further information.

Hajo Schulenburg
Hajo Schulenburg
01:00 Aug-31-2005
Hello,
i´m the managing director of VisiConsult ( Germany ). We can deliver solutions for digital imageprocessing. We have installed systems for weld inspection, with flat panel solutions.Please have a look on our product range on our homepage.

Product Spotlight

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

35 years of VOGT Ultrasonics!

This year we are celebrating a company anniversary! 35 years have passed since we first took our t
est device and swung the probe on behalf of safety. But our ultrasonic know-how goes back many years..
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s