where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

TWI
TWI is a world leading research and technology organisation established in 1946. From bases in the UK, USA, China, Malaysia, Middle East, India a ...

Technical Discussions
Chien
Chien
02:11 Aug-30-2005
Problem in starting UT

Hi all,
I just began learning ultrasound testing on plate. My setup consists of two angle beam transducer at similar central frequency but different specifications e.g. different impedance between the two of them, a Tektronix Oscilloscope and Tektronix Arbitrary Function Generator that is capable of producing a 160 kHz pulse. I attached a T-connector at channel 1 of the function generator so that I can connect both the transmitting transducer and the oscilloscope to that channel to observe the transmitted wave. What happened was that as soon as I connected the transducer to the T-connector (after the oscilloscope was connected), I noticed a change in the waveform from pulse shape to sine wave-shape and the amplitude greatly reduced. My first guess is the impedance mismatch between the transducer and the oscilloscope. But, I couldn't find any solution to this. Any suggestion?

Product Spotlight

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

Echomac® PA Rail Wheel Tester

MAC introduces two versions of Rail Wheel Testers using ECHOMAC® PA platform based on customer requ
irements.
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window