where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Zawada NDT
Suppliers of instruments to test steel wire ropes in-situ, using magnetic, non-destructive method.
Technical Discussions
Fred Raco, Jr.
Consultant,
RNDT, Inc., USA, Joined Jul 2002, 24

Fred Raco, Jr.

Consultant,
RNDT, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Jul 2002
00:13 Sep-02-2005
Nitrogen filled pressure vessels

Will X-rays have any effect on pressurized nitrogen in a pressure vessel. Mainly, can it increase the temperature of the nitrogen and increase the pressure? I do not think that it will but I have been asked this question by my client and I am now curious. He wants to send me some small spherical vessels that are pressurized to 6500 psi with nitrogen. The welds need radiographed. Any help will be appreciated.

S.V.Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 787

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
09:35 Sep-03-2005
Re: Nitrogen filled pressure vessels
Dear Fred,

I think there should not be any problem. The ionisation of nitrogen atoms/molecules that takes place will be reversed over a period of time, because it is a closed system.

The image sharpness could however be affected because of the scattering and secondary X-rays.

Swamy

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Will X-rays have any effect on pressurized nitrogen in a pressure vessel. Mainly, can it increase the temperature of the nitrogen and increase the pressure? I do not think that it will but I have been asked this question by my client and I am now curious. He wants to send me some small spherical vessels that are pressurized to 6500 psi with nitrogen. The welds need radiographed. Any help will be appreciated.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

TraiNDE UT

TraiNDE UT is a virtual tool associated with a signal database which simulates real inspection con
ditions for numerous applications (Type A/V1 block, DAC block, welds and plates).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window