where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Grain size measurement with attenuation or scattering of ultrasonic waves
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

03:42 Jun-03-1999
Wieslaw Bicz
Grain size measurement with attenuation or scattering of ultrasonic waves

May be somebody knows good references concerning measurement of grain size using attenuation or scattering of ultrasonic waves.

I would be grateful for any comment.

Wieslaw Bicz

optel@optel.com.pl

04:41 Jun-03-1999

Jairo Humberto Guzman

NDT Inspector, NDT researcher
Ecopetrol ICP,
Colombia,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Grain size measurement with attenuation or scattering of ultrasonic waves : May be somebody knows good references concerning measurement of grain size using attenuation or scattering of ultrasonic waves.

: I would be grateful for any comment.

: Wieslaw Bicz

: optel@optel.com.pl

Mr. Bicz

To measure grain size you have to have a good standars that represent diferen kinds of materials you wanto to examinate.
The attenuation, sacater, and ratio velocity will give you good results,
The grass showed in the display can also help to measunre the grain size.

But you must be carefully with te operation time the material had benn exposed into a any enviroment, the superficial preparation and use diferents frecuencies and diameters transducers

Good loock.

03:07 Jul-07-1999
S. Gripp
Re: Grain size measurement with attenuation or scattering of ultrasonic waves

04:13 Dec-06-1999
Mingxu SU
Re: Grain size measurement with attenuation or scattering of ultrasonic waves : May be somebody knows good references concerning measurement of grain size using attenuation or scattering of ultrasonic waves.

: I would be grateful for any comment.

: Wieslaw Bicz

: optel@optel.com.pl

07:42 Sep-05-2002
alessandro brandini
Re: Grain size measurement with attenuation or scattering of ultrasonic waves : : May be somebody knows good references concerning measurement of grain size using attenuation or scattering of ultrasonic waves.

: : I would be grateful for any comment.
alessandrobrandini@tiscali.it

06:26 Sep-06-2002

Anish Kumar

R & D, Scientist
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research,
India,
Joined Mar 2000
Re: Grain size measurement with attenuation or scattering of ultrasonic waves There are many good papers dealing with influence of grain size on ultrasonic attenuation/ scattering. Following are a few recent papers in this direction and many more references are given in these papers;

(1)Anish Kumar, T.Jayakumar, P.Palanichamy and Baldev Raj “Influence of Grain Size on Ultrasonic Spectral Parameters in AISI Type 316 Stainless Steel”, Scripta Materialia, 40(3) (1999) 333-340.

(2) Anish Kumar, T.Jayakumar and Baldev Raj “Ultrasonic Spectral Analysis for Microstructural Characterization in Austenitic and Ferritic Steels” Philosophical Magazine A, 80 (11) (2000) 2469-2487.

(3)Anish Kumar, K.Laha, T.Jayakumar, K.B.S.Rao and Baldev Raj “Comprehensive Microstructural Characterization in Modified 9Cr-1Mo ferritic steel by Ultrasonics”, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 33 A, (2002) 1617-1627.

(4)R. Klinman, G. R. Webster, F. J. Marsh and E. T. Stephenson, Materials Evaluation, p. 26-32 (Oct. 1980).

: : : May be somebody knows good references concerning measurement of grain size using attenuation or scattering of ultrasonic waves.
: : : I would be grateful for any comment.
: alessandrobrandini@tiscali.it

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|