where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
gary whitworth
gary whitworth
03:31 Sep-06-2005
ultrasonic sliderulers

can anyone tell me if there are any slide rules for determining depth of defects and distance from index points? i have seen some operators with some similar things and if there are how can i get hold of one?

cheers all

gary

fabio
Engineering,
SAIPEM SpA, Italy, Joined Dec 2002, 9

fabio

Engineering,
SAIPEM SpA,
Italy,
Joined Dec 2002
01:47 Sep-07-2005
Re: ultrasonic sliderulers
try on the shop of ASNT site web,
(search as ultrasonic calculator)
regards

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: can anyone tell me if there are any slide rules for determining depth of defects and distance from index points? i have seen some operators with some similar things and if there are how can i get hold of one?
: cheers all
: gary
------------ End Original Message ------------

Neil Burleigh
Sales
Krautkramer Australia Pty Ltd, Australia, Joined Dec 2002, 152

Neil Burleigh

Sales
Krautkramer Australia Pty Ltd,
Australia,
Joined Dec 2002
00:44 Sep-08-2005
Hello Gary,
I know of 2 types, the SANDT flaw location slide rule with beam plotter from the TWI in the UK. Plus a very basic slide rule from Krautkramer the ATS-1 with the angles 45, 60 & 70 deg in steel printed on it.

Regards
Neil Burleigh
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: can anyone tell me if there are any slide rules for determining depth of defects and distance from index points? i have seen some operators with some similar things and if there are how can i get hold of one?
: cheers all
: gary
------------ End Original Message ------------

Mark T Rumrey
Mark T Rumrey
04:08 Sep-13-2005
Gary we have UT rulers that are set up for the angle that your using. please contact our office directly for details TSS @ 979-793-3189

Product Spotlight

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s