where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
ultrasonic sliderulers
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

03:31 Sep-06-2005
gary whitworth
ultrasonic sliderulers

can anyone tell me if there are any slide rules for determining depth of defects and distance from index points? i have seen some operators with some similar things and if there are how can i get hold of one?

cheers all

gary

01:47 Sep-07-2005

fabio

Engineering,
SAIPEM SpA,
Italy,
Joined Dec 2002
Re: ultrasonic sliderulers try on the shop of ASNT site web,
(search as ultrasonic calculator)
regards

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: can anyone tell me if there are any slide rules for determining depth of defects and distance from index points? i have seen some operators with some similar things and if there are how can i get hold of one?
: cheers all
: gary
------------ End Original Message ------------

00:44 Sep-08-2005

Neil Burleigh

Sales
Krautkramer Australia Pty Ltd,
Australia,
Joined Dec 2002
Re: ultrasonic sliderulers Hello Gary,
I know of 2 types, the SANDT flaw location slide rule with beam plotter from the TWI in the UK. Plus a very basic slide rule from Krautkramer the ATS-1 with the angles 45, 60 & 70 deg in steel printed on it.

Regards
Neil Burleigh
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: can anyone tell me if there are any slide rules for determining depth of defects and distance from index points? i have seen some operators with some similar things and if there are how can i get hold of one?
: cheers all
: gary
------------ End Original Message ------------

04:08 Sep-13-2005
Mark T Rumrey
Re: ultrasonic sliderulers Gary we have UT rulers that are set up for the angle that your using. please contact our office directly for details TSS @ 979-793-3189

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|