where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
gary whitworth
gary whitworth
03:31 Sep-06-2005
ultrasonic sliderulers

can anyone tell me if there are any slide rules for determining depth of defects and distance from index points? i have seen some operators with some similar things and if there are how can i get hold of one?

cheers all

gary

fabio
Engineering,
SAIPEM SpA, Italy, Joined Dec 2002, 9

fabio

Engineering,
SAIPEM SpA,
Italy,
Joined Dec 2002
01:47 Sep-07-2005
Re: ultrasonic sliderulers
try on the shop of ASNT site web,
(search as ultrasonic calculator)
regards

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: can anyone tell me if there are any slide rules for determining depth of defects and distance from index points? i have seen some operators with some similar things and if there are how can i get hold of one?
: cheers all
: gary
------------ End Original Message ------------

Neil Burleigh
Sales
Krautkramer Australia Pty Ltd, Australia, Joined Dec 2002, 153

Neil Burleigh

Sales
Krautkramer Australia Pty Ltd,
Australia,
Joined Dec 2002
00:44 Sep-08-2005
Hello Gary,
I know of 2 types, the SANDT flaw location slide rule with beam plotter from the TWI in the UK. Plus a very basic slide rule from Krautkramer the ATS-1 with the angles 45, 60 & 70 deg in steel printed on it.

Regards
Neil Burleigh
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: can anyone tell me if there are any slide rules for determining depth of defects and distance from index points? i have seen some operators with some similar things and if there are how can i get hold of one?
: cheers all
: gary
------------ End Original Message ------------

Mark T Rumrey
Mark T Rumrey
04:08 Sep-13-2005
Gary we have UT rulers that are set up for the angle that your using. please contact our office directly for details TSS @ 979-793-3189

Product Spotlight

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window