where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

TecScan Systems
We offer a complete line of NDT scanners, Immersion Tanks & Gantry systems which incorporate Ultrasonic, Phased Array & Eddy Current technologies.
Technical Discussions
Nguyen Trong My
Nguyen Trong My
05:50 Sep-22-2005
Corrosion Mapping instrument for aerospace applications

Dear all,
We thank you for your expertise advice so far.
Now,we are looking for an instrument specially designed for corrosion mapping of aircraft fuselage, wings and other components.
Please contact me if you have this instrument available.
Your advice on instrument type selection and resource is also highly appreciated.
Best regards,
Nguyen Trong My (Dr.)
President,
Vietnam Inspection Services Co., Ltd
60 Vong Thi, Tay Ho, Hanoi
Tel: 84 4 8362117
Fax: 84 4 7537558
Email: visco_ndt@hn.vnn.vn

Godfrey Hands
Consultant,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 304

Godfrey Hands

Consultant,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
00:09 Sep-22-2005
Re: Corrosion Mapping instrument for aerospace applications
Dear Dr. Nguyen,

Corrosion measurement will be dictated by the aircraft Prime (such as Boeing etc), and the exact technique will depend upon the thickness and number of layers etc.

However, NDT Consultants Ltd. in the UK has a new NDT instrument just on the market. This is their "Freescan" instrument.

Freescan permits a 3 dimensional C-Scan (mapping) of any feature that can be measured through an Analog or Digital output from any NDT instrument, such as an Eddy Current or Ultrasonic Instrument.

This permits an accurate mapping of the corrosion, using your current instrument and probes. (Provided your current instrument has an Analog or Digital output).

You do not need to connect your probe to any cables, wires or arms, because it is tracked using optical sensors. All data can be returned to a computer either using USB or Bluetooth technology.

The range of the instrument is up to 7 metres, with a field of view of 70 degrees.
It has been designed with Aircraft inspection in mind.

Please contact me for more details, and we can supply a .PDF brochure to any interested parties.

Godfrey Hands

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear all,
: We thank you for your expertise advice so far.
: Now,we are looking for an instrument specially designed for corrosion mapping of aircraft fuselage, wings and other components.
: Please contact me if you have this instrument available.
: Your advice on instrument type selection and resource is also highly appreciated.
: Best regards,
: Nguyen Trong My (Dr.)
: President,
: Vietnam Inspection Services Co., Ltd
: 60 Vong Thi, Tay Ho, Hanoi
: Tel: 84 4 8362117
: Fax: 84 4 7537558
: Email: visco_ndt@hn.vnn.vn
:
------------ End Original Message ------------

Simon Amallraja
Simon Amallraja
08:20 Sep-27-2005
Re: Corrosion Mapping instrument for aerospace applications
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear all,
: We thank you for your expertise advice so far.
: Now,we are looking for an instrument specially designed for corrosion mapping of aircraft fuselage, wings and other components.
: Please contact me if you have this instrument available.
: Your advice on instrument type selection and resource is also highly appreciated.
: Best regards,
: Nguyen Trong My (Dr.)
: President,
: Vietnam Inspection Services Co., Ltd
: 60 Vong Thi, Tay Ho, Hanoi
: Tel: 84 4 8362117
: Fax: 84 4 7537558
: Email: visco_ndt@hn.vnn.vn
:
------------ End Original Message ------------

You can also contact Mr. Chris Kirby of NDT Solutions Ltd, UK. They make Rapidscan, which is widely used for Aircraft Applications.

www.ndtsolutions.com

D.Simon Amallraja.

Product Spotlight

CIVA 2020 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window