where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
yesuvadian
NDT Inspector, Autocad draughtsman
SHARP INDIA, India, Joined Sep 2005, 1

yesuvadian

NDT Inspector, Autocad draughtsman
SHARP INDIA,
India,
Joined Sep 2005
01:57 Sep-28-2005
need standard to test steel plates

iam a lelvel II in guy UT working in pvt firm, my client suggested to do the steel plate inspection using UT stanadard SEL 072 and EN 10160, normally i used standard A 435, A 578 for testing steel plates, any body who can help UT standard SEL 072 and EN 10160, where i should get this standard so that i can follow.

regards,
YESUVADIAN.

Udo Schlengermann
Consultant, -
Standards Consulting, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 174

Udo Schlengermann

Consultant, -
Standards Consulting,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
08:32 Sep-29-2005
Re: need standard to test steel plates
Reply by Udo Schlengermann:

The market, i.e. your customer, decides on the standards to be used for the products you want to sell.

You made reference to differnt specifications for different markets. The standards are not identical, and - to some part - are not compatible.

American Society of Testing and Materials:
ASTM E 435-01 and ASTM E 578-01 on ultrasonic testing of steel plates (thicker than 0.5 inch).

EN 10160:1999 is a European Standard for steel plates thicker than 6 mm.

SEL 072 is a former delivery specification of the German Society for Iron and Steel (VDEh).
It is obsolete and has been replaced by EN 10160.

Usually these specification can only be bought from national standards institutes or from the editing societies.
But there are also other international standards providers.

For you information look at:
World Standards Services Network: www.wsss.net,
ANSI National Resource of Global Standards: www.nssn.org,
Global Engineering Documents: www.global.ihs.com.

Kind regards
Udo Schlengermann
GE Inspection Technologies GmbH
Huerth, Germany

----------- Start Original Message -----------
:
: iam a lelvel II in guy UT working in pvt firm, my client suggested to do the steel plate inspection using UT stanadard SEL 072 and EN 10160, normally i used standard A 435, A 578 for testing steel plates, any body who can help UT standard SEL 072 and EN 10160, where i should get this standard so that i can follow.
: regards,
: YESUVADIAN.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Echomac® PA Rail Wheel Tester

MAC introduces two versions of Rail Wheel Testers using ECHOMAC® PA platform based on customer requ
irements.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s