where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
yesuvadian
NDT Inspector, Autocad draughtsman
SHARP INDIA, India, Joined Sep 2005, 1

yesuvadian

NDT Inspector, Autocad draughtsman
SHARP INDIA,
India,
Joined Sep 2005
01:57 Sep-28-2005
need standard to test steel plates

iam a lelvel II in guy UT working in pvt firm, my client suggested to do the steel plate inspection using UT stanadard SEL 072 and EN 10160, normally i used standard A 435, A 578 for testing steel plates, any body who can help UT standard SEL 072 and EN 10160, where i should get this standard so that i can follow.

regards,
YESUVADIAN.

Udo Schlengermann
Consultant, -
Standards Consulting, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 176

Udo Schlengermann

Consultant, -
Standards Consulting,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
08:32 Sep-29-2005
Re: need standard to test steel plates
Reply by Udo Schlengermann:

The market, i.e. your customer, decides on the standards to be used for the products you want to sell.

You made reference to differnt specifications for different markets. The standards are not identical, and - to some part - are not compatible.

American Society of Testing and Materials:
ASTM E 435-01 and ASTM E 578-01 on ultrasonic testing of steel plates (thicker than 0.5 inch).

EN 10160:1999 is a European Standard for steel plates thicker than 6 mm.

SEL 072 is a former delivery specification of the German Society for Iron and Steel (VDEh).
It is obsolete and has been replaced by EN 10160.

Usually these specification can only be bought from national standards institutes or from the editing societies.
But there are also other international standards providers.

For you information look at:
World Standards Services Network: www.wsss.net,
ANSI National Resource of Global Standards: www.nssn.org,
Global Engineering Documents: www.global.ihs.com.

Kind regards
Udo Schlengermann
GE Inspection Technologies GmbH
Huerth, Germany

----------- Start Original Message -----------
:
: iam a lelvel II in guy UT working in pvt firm, my client suggested to do the steel plate inspection using UT stanadard SEL 072 and EN 10160, normally i used standard A 435, A 578 for testing steel plates, any body who can help UT standard SEL 072 and EN 10160, where i should get this standard so that i can follow.
: regards,
: YESUVADIAN.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window