where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
need standard to test steel plates
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

01:57 Sep-28-2005

yesuvadian

NDT Inspector, Autocad draughtsman
SHARP INDIA,
India,
Joined Sep 2005
need standard to test steel plates

iam a lelvel II in guy UT working in pvt firm, my client suggested to do the steel plate inspection using UT stanadard SEL 072 and EN 10160, normally i used standard A 435, A 578 for testing steel plates, any body who can help UT standard SEL 072 and EN 10160, where i should get this standard so that i can follow.

regards,
YESUVADIAN.

08:32 Sep-29-2005

Udo Schlengermann

Consultant, -
Standards Consulting,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: need standard to test steel plates Reply by Udo Schlengermann:

The market, i.e. your customer, decides on the standards to be used for the products you want to sell.

You made reference to differnt specifications for different markets. The standards are not identical, and - to some part - are not compatible.

American Society of Testing and Materials:
ASTM E 435-01 and ASTM E 578-01 on ultrasonic testing of steel plates (thicker than 0.5 inch).

EN 10160:1999 is a European Standard for steel plates thicker than 6 mm.

SEL 072 is a former delivery specification of the German Society for Iron and Steel (VDEh).
It is obsolete and has been replaced by EN 10160.

Usually these specification can only be bought from national standards institutes or from the editing societies.
But there are also other international standards providers.

For you information look at:
World Standards Services Network: www.wsss.net,
ANSI National Resource of Global Standards: www.nssn.org,
Global Engineering Documents: www.global.ihs.com.

Kind regards
Udo Schlengermann
GE Inspection Technologies GmbH
Huerth, Germany

----------- Start Original Message -----------
:
: iam a lelvel II in guy UT working in pvt firm, my client suggested to do the steel plate inspection using UT stanadard SEL 072 and EN 10160, normally i used standard A 435, A 578 for testing steel plates, any body who can help UT standard SEL 072 and EN 10160, where i should get this standard so that i can follow.
: regards,
: YESUVADIAN.
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|