where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

AT-Automation Technology GmbH
AT -Automation Technology is a systems house for industrial image processing. AT offers thermographic ndt systems as well as high-speed 3D sensors.
Technical Discussions
Shashikant G.
Consultant
Enrico Enterprises, India, Joined Jul 2004, 20

Shashikant G.

Consultant
Enrico Enterprises,
India,
Joined Jul 2004
08:38 Oct-08-2005
MFL testing

Dear friends Any one knows about MFL testing (Magnetic flux lockage)? And Can we replace that testing by ultrasonic test method? Who is the manufacturer of MFL testing unites? Please send me details.

And secondly if any NDT service provider, who can providing this kind of service or having this kind of testing facility please let me know. we got the enquiry for MFL testing in INDIA

Thanking you

S.V.Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 787

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
08:38 Oct-11-2005
Re: MFL testing
Dear Shashikant,

No NDT method can strictly substitute another method. MFL is similar to MT but is used for testing bars, rounds etc., at high speeds like ET (which is mostly used for non-magnetic materials). Dr.Forster has industrial testing units for MFL. There could be many more. A Google search will give you more info.

Swamy

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear friends Any one knows about MFL testing (Magnetic flux lockage)? And Can we replace that testing by ultrasonic test method? Who is the manufacturer of MFL testing unites? Please send me details.
: And secondly if any NDT service provider, who can providing this kind of service or having this kind of testing facility please let me know. we got the enquiry for MFL testing in INDIA
: Thanking you
------------ End Original Message ------------

Gus Gonzalez
Gus Gonzalez
03:38 Oct-22-2005
Dear Shashikant: The company I work for has been doing MfL tube inspection Since 1997 we use two different units. One is manufactured by Scientific Technoligies out of Connecticut and the other unit is from R/D tech out of quebec canada. We use the MFL as a screening tool and ussually do an IRIS prove after.------ Start Original Message -----------
: Dear friends Any one knows about MFL testing (Magnetic flux lockage)? And Can we replace that testing by ultrasonic test method? Who is the manufacturer of MFL testing unites? Please send me details.
: And secondly if any NDT service provider, who can providing this kind of service or having this kind of testing facility please let me know. we got the enquiry for MFL testing in INDIA

Gus Gonzales
Gus Gonzales
03:59 Oct-22-2005
-Hello Shashikant: I work foe a company that has been doing MFL tube inspection sience 1997. We use two different units, one is manufactured by Scientific Technologies out of Connecticut and the other by R/D tech out of Quebec Canada. We use MFL as a screening tool followed by IRIS prove up.

Gus.---------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Shashikant,
: No NDT method can strictly substitute another method. MFL is similar to MT but is used for testing bars, rounds etc., at high speeds like ET (which is mostly used for non-magnetic materials). Dr.Forster has industrial testing units for MFL. There could be many more. A Google search will give you more info.
: Swamy
: : Dear friends Any one knows about MFL testing (Magnetic flux lockage)? And Can we replace that testing by ultrasonic test method? Who is the manufacturer of MFL testing unites? Please send me details.
: : And secondly if any NDT service provider, who can providing this kind of service or having this kind of testing facility please let me know. we got the enquiry for MFL testing in INDIA
: : Thanking you

Nas Salman
Nas Salman
02:09 Jul-07-2006
If you want to know more on MFL, Magnetic Flux Leakage please email me for info.

----------- Start Original Message -----------

Product Spotlight

Surf-X® Array Probe

Introducing the Surf-X family of flexible Eddy Current Array (ECA) probes. Featuring unique multiple
coil sets and proprietary X-PROBE technology, Surf-X array probes can quickly and accurately handle a range of inspection applications, from inspecting corrosion or cracking in pipes, pressure vessels, or tanks, to assessing and sizing cracks in raised welds and friction stir welds.
>

TraiNDE UT

TraiNDE UT is a virtual tool associated with a signal database which simulates real inspection con
ditions for numerous applications (Type A/V1 block, DAC block, welds and plates).
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window