where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Shashikant G.
Consultant
Enrico Enterprises, India, Joined Jul 2004, 20

Shashikant G.

Consultant
Enrico Enterprises,
India,
Joined Jul 2004
08:38 Oct-08-2005
MFL testing

Dear friends Any one knows about MFL testing (Magnetic flux lockage)? And Can we replace that testing by ultrasonic test method? Who is the manufacturer of MFL testing unites? Please send me details.

And secondly if any NDT service provider, who can providing this kind of service or having this kind of testing facility please let me know. we got the enquiry for MFL testing in INDIA

Thanking you

S.V.Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 785

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
08:38 Oct-11-2005
Re: MFL testing
Dear Shashikant,

No NDT method can strictly substitute another method. MFL is similar to MT but is used for testing bars, rounds etc., at high speeds like ET (which is mostly used for non-magnetic materials). Dr.Forster has industrial testing units for MFL. There could be many more. A Google search will give you more info.

Swamy

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear friends Any one knows about MFL testing (Magnetic flux lockage)? And Can we replace that testing by ultrasonic test method? Who is the manufacturer of MFL testing unites? Please send me details.
: And secondly if any NDT service provider, who can providing this kind of service or having this kind of testing facility please let me know. we got the enquiry for MFL testing in INDIA
: Thanking you
------------ End Original Message ------------

Gus Gonzalez
Gus Gonzalez
03:38 Oct-22-2005
Dear Shashikant: The company I work for has been doing MfL tube inspection Since 1997 we use two different units. One is manufactured by Scientific Technoligies out of Connecticut and the other unit is from R/D tech out of quebec canada. We use the MFL as a screening tool and ussually do an IRIS prove after.------ Start Original Message -----------
: Dear friends Any one knows about MFL testing (Magnetic flux lockage)? And Can we replace that testing by ultrasonic test method? Who is the manufacturer of MFL testing unites? Please send me details.
: And secondly if any NDT service provider, who can providing this kind of service or having this kind of testing facility please let me know. we got the enquiry for MFL testing in INDIA

Gus Gonzales
Gus Gonzales
03:59 Oct-22-2005
-Hello Shashikant: I work foe a company that has been doing MFL tube inspection sience 1997. We use two different units, one is manufactured by Scientific Technologies out of Connecticut and the other by R/D tech out of Quebec Canada. We use MFL as a screening tool followed by IRIS prove up.

Gus.---------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Shashikant,
: No NDT method can strictly substitute another method. MFL is similar to MT but is used for testing bars, rounds etc., at high speeds like ET (which is mostly used for non-magnetic materials). Dr.Forster has industrial testing units for MFL. There could be many more. A Google search will give you more info.
: Swamy
: : Dear friends Any one knows about MFL testing (Magnetic flux lockage)? And Can we replace that testing by ultrasonic test method? Who is the manufacturer of MFL testing unites? Please send me details.
: : And secondly if any NDT service provider, who can providing this kind of service or having this kind of testing facility please let me know. we got the enquiry for MFL testing in INDIA
: : Thanking you

Nas Salman
Nas Salman
02:09 Jul-07-2006
If you want to know more on MFL, Magnetic Flux Leakage please email me for info.

----------- Start Original Message -----------

Product Spotlight

X-ray CT aids research into defect formation in AM parts

X-ray CT is used to research how additive manufacturing process parameters influence defect format
ion in AM parts.
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

Ceram 35P (Panoramic)

The Ceram 35P is the panoramic brand new portable generators designed by Balteau NDT and is offeri
ng no less than 300kV, 5mA and 100% duty cycle for an incredible image contrast even at full power. It will will surely become a reference as it can be classified as a high power portable unit and can be operated with our CF2000 control unit but also with our well known Hand-X Wireless Remote Control.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s