where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
MFL testing
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

08:38 Oct-08-2005

Shashikant G.

Consultant
Enrico Enterprises,
India,
Joined Jul 2004
MFL testing

Dear friends Any one knows about MFL testing (Magnetic flux lockage)? And Can we replace that testing by ultrasonic test method? Who is the manufacturer of MFL testing unites? Please send me details.

And secondly if any NDT service provider, who can providing this kind of service or having this kind of testing facility please let me know. we got the enquiry for MFL testing in INDIA

Thanking you

08:38 Oct-11-2005

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
Re: MFL testing Dear Shashikant,

No NDT method can strictly substitute another method. MFL is similar to MT but is used for testing bars, rounds etc., at high speeds like ET (which is mostly used for non-magnetic materials). Dr.Forster has industrial testing units for MFL. There could be many more. A Google search will give you more info.

Swamy

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear friends Any one knows about MFL testing (Magnetic flux lockage)? And Can we replace that testing by ultrasonic test method? Who is the manufacturer of MFL testing unites? Please send me details.
: And secondly if any NDT service provider, who can providing this kind of service or having this kind of testing facility please let me know. we got the enquiry for MFL testing in INDIA
: Thanking you
------------ End Original Message ------------

03:38 Oct-22-2005
Gus Gonzalez
Re: MFL testing Dear Shashikant: The company I work for has been doing MfL tube inspection Since 1997 we use two different units. One is manufactured by Scientific Technoligies out of Connecticut and the other unit is from R/D tech out of quebec canada. We use the MFL as a screening tool and ussually do an IRIS prove after.------ Start Original Message -----------
: Dear friends Any one knows about MFL testing (Magnetic flux lockage)? And Can we replace that testing by ultrasonic test method? Who is the manufacturer of MFL testing unites? Please send me details.
: And secondly if any NDT service provider, who can providing this kind of service or having this kind of testing facility please let me know. we got the enquiry for MFL testing in INDIA

03:59 Oct-22-2005
Gus Gonzales
Re: MFL testing -Hello Shashikant: I work foe a company that has been doing MFL tube inspection sience 1997. We use two different units, one is manufactured by Scientific Technologies out of Connecticut and the other by R/D tech out of Quebec Canada. We use MFL as a screening tool followed by IRIS prove up.

Gus.---------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Shashikant,
: No NDT method can strictly substitute another method. MFL is similar to MT but is used for testing bars, rounds etc., at high speeds like ET (which is mostly used for non-magnetic materials). Dr.Forster has industrial testing units for MFL. There could be many more. A Google search will give you more info.
: Swamy
: : Dear friends Any one knows about MFL testing (Magnetic flux lockage)? And Can we replace that testing by ultrasonic test method? Who is the manufacturer of MFL testing unites? Please send me details.
: : And secondly if any NDT service provider, who can providing this kind of service or having this kind of testing facility please let me know. we got the enquiry for MFL testing in INDIA
: : Thanking you

02:09 Jul-07-2006
Nas Salman
Re: MFL testing If you want to know more on MFL, Magnetic Flux Leakage please email me for info.

----------- Start Original Message -----------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|