where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Shashikant G.
Consultant
Enrico Enterprises, India, Joined Jul 2004, 20

Shashikant G.

Consultant
Enrico Enterprises,
India,
Joined Jul 2004
08:38 Oct-08-2005
MFL testing

Dear friends Any one knows about MFL testing (Magnetic flux lockage)? And Can we replace that testing by ultrasonic test method? Who is the manufacturer of MFL testing unites? Please send me details.

And secondly if any NDT service provider, who can providing this kind of service or having this kind of testing facility please let me know. we got the enquiry for MFL testing in INDIA

Thanking you

S.V.Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 787

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
08:38 Oct-11-2005
Re: MFL testing
Dear Shashikant,

No NDT method can strictly substitute another method. MFL is similar to MT but is used for testing bars, rounds etc., at high speeds like ET (which is mostly used for non-magnetic materials). Dr.Forster has industrial testing units for MFL. There could be many more. A Google search will give you more info.

Swamy

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear friends Any one knows about MFL testing (Magnetic flux lockage)? And Can we replace that testing by ultrasonic test method? Who is the manufacturer of MFL testing unites? Please send me details.
: And secondly if any NDT service provider, who can providing this kind of service or having this kind of testing facility please let me know. we got the enquiry for MFL testing in INDIA
: Thanking you
------------ End Original Message ------------

Gus Gonzalez
Gus Gonzalez
03:38 Oct-22-2005
Dear Shashikant: The company I work for has been doing MfL tube inspection Since 1997 we use two different units. One is manufactured by Scientific Technoligies out of Connecticut and the other unit is from R/D tech out of quebec canada. We use the MFL as a screening tool and ussually do an IRIS prove after.------ Start Original Message -----------
: Dear friends Any one knows about MFL testing (Magnetic flux lockage)? And Can we replace that testing by ultrasonic test method? Who is the manufacturer of MFL testing unites? Please send me details.
: And secondly if any NDT service provider, who can providing this kind of service or having this kind of testing facility please let me know. we got the enquiry for MFL testing in INDIA

Gus Gonzales
Gus Gonzales
03:59 Oct-22-2005
-Hello Shashikant: I work foe a company that has been doing MFL tube inspection sience 1997. We use two different units, one is manufactured by Scientific Technologies out of Connecticut and the other by R/D tech out of Quebec Canada. We use MFL as a screening tool followed by IRIS prove up.

Gus.---------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Shashikant,
: No NDT method can strictly substitute another method. MFL is similar to MT but is used for testing bars, rounds etc., at high speeds like ET (which is mostly used for non-magnetic materials). Dr.Forster has industrial testing units for MFL. There could be many more. A Google search will give you more info.
: Swamy
: : Dear friends Any one knows about MFL testing (Magnetic flux lockage)? And Can we replace that testing by ultrasonic test method? Who is the manufacturer of MFL testing unites? Please send me details.
: : And secondly if any NDT service provider, who can providing this kind of service or having this kind of testing facility please let me know. we got the enquiry for MFL testing in INDIA
: : Thanking you

Nas Salman
Nas Salman
02:09 Jul-07-2006
If you want to know more on MFL, Magnetic Flux Leakage please email me for info.

----------- Start Original Message -----------

Product Spotlight

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window