where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Tom
Tom
03:41 Nov-20-2005
Refracted Angles

Can someone tell me how to calculate the required refracted angle to obtain a 45 degree angle at the inside surface of a curved piece?

Norman Thomsen
Norman Thomsen
00:27 Nov-21-2005
Re: Refracted Angles
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Can someone tell me how to calculate the required refracted angle to obtain a 45 degree angle at the inside surface of a curved piece?
------------ End Original Message ------------

I believe you will find what you need in EN 583-2.
Rgds,
Norman

J. Mark Davis
Teacher, And Consultant
University of Ultrasonics, Birmingham, Alabama, USA, Joined Mar 2000, 85

J. Mark Davis

Teacher, And Consultant
University of Ultrasonics, Birmingham, Alabama,
USA,
Joined Mar 2000
03:33 Nov-21-2005
Re: Refracted Angles
Try this formula:

Sin of Angle 1 = Sin of Angle 2 * ID/OD

This calculates the required refracted angle (Sin Angle 1) at the inside diamter (ID) of the component based upon the ID/OD ratio.

Sin of Angle 2 is the desired angle, i.e., 45 degrees

ID is the inside diameter dimenison

OD is the Outside Diameter dimension

J. Mark Davis

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Can someone tell me how to calculate the required refracted angle to obtain a 45 degree angle at the inside surface of a curved piece?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window