where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

GB Inspection Systems Ltd.
A leading UK manufacturer of Ultrasonic Probes, Accessories, Supplier of NDT Equipment and more.

Technical Discussions
Tom
Tom
03:41 Nov-20-2005
Refracted Angles

Can someone tell me how to calculate the required refracted angle to obtain a 45 degree angle at the inside surface of a curved piece?

Norman Thomsen
Norman Thomsen
00:27 Nov-21-2005
Re: Refracted Angles
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Can someone tell me how to calculate the required refracted angle to obtain a 45 degree angle at the inside surface of a curved piece?
------------ End Original Message ------------

I believe you will find what you need in EN 583-2.
Rgds,
Norman

J. Mark Davis
Teacher, And Consultant
University of Ultrasonics, Birmingham, Alabama, USA, Joined Mar 2000, 85

J. Mark Davis

Teacher, And Consultant
University of Ultrasonics, Birmingham, Alabama,
USA,
Joined Mar 2000
03:33 Nov-21-2005
Re: Refracted Angles
Try this formula:

Sin of Angle 1 = Sin of Angle 2 * ID/OD

This calculates the required refracted angle (Sin Angle 1) at the inside diamter (ID) of the component based upon the ID/OD ratio.

Sin of Angle 2 is the desired angle, i.e., 45 degrees

ID is the inside diameter dimenison

OD is the Outside Diameter dimension

J. Mark Davis

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Can someone tell me how to calculate the required refracted angle to obtain a 45 degree angle at the inside surface of a curved piece?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window