where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

I&T Nardoni Institute
A state-of-the-art company servicing the metal, mechanical, aeronautical and railway industrial sectors

Technical Discussions
Keith
Keith
00:28 Nov-30-2005
Conductivity Measurement of Steel

Greetings

I have been approached by a steel rolling company who require conductivity measurement of some of their products.

Does anyone know of specific equipment that I can source as well as techniques or procedures that I should use?

Regards,

Keith

Changqing Lee
Changqing Lee
01:52 Dec-02-2005
Re: Conductivity Measurement of Steel
It depends since you talk about steel.
Usually, conductivity measurements are done by eddy current conductivity gauge for non-magnetic metals. But for steel, it is magnetic and the relative permeability might vary depending on the manufacturing factors. And permeabiliy affects eddy-current measurements a lot. So it is a challenging task for eddy current measurements.

I think the most possible soultion is the DCPD(direct current potential drop) measurements, which is also called four-point measurements. The beautiful part of applying DCPD method is that it does not depend on permeability of steel. So it can be used for magnetic metals.

Google for four-point measurement instrument or DCPD, you should find several manufacturers and talk to them for further information.

Hope this will help.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Greetings
: I have been approached by a steel rolling company who require conductivity measurement of some of their products.
: Does anyone know ofspecific equipment that I can source as well as techniques or procedures that I should use?
: Regards,
: Keith
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

EPOCH 6LT

The EPOCH 6LT flaw detector is optimized for one-handed operation in rope access and high-portab
ility applications. Lightweight with a grip-oriented weight distribution, the instrument fits securely in a user’s hand or can be strapped to their leg using the rope access accessory kit. The clear, bright screen makes A-scans readable in any light while the intuitive software enables fast navigation.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s