where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Rayleigh and Lamb Waves
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

02:23 Dec-12-2005
Kenneth Burnham
Rayleigh and Lamb Waves

I have just started to look into this subject area which i am completely unfamiliar with. I have been told to get myself a copy of 'Rayleigh and Lamb Waves: Physical Theory and Applications' by I.A. Viktorov. Therein lies my problem as it seems to be one of the rarest books out there.

Could anybody suggest where i may be able to purchase of borrow this book?

Also, are there other books and/or papers that may help as an introduction to the maths involved?

Thanks

01:15 Dec-13-2005

Dr. Sotirios J. vahaviolos

R & D, -
MISTRAS Group, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: Rayleigh and Lamb Waves ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I have just started to look into this subject area which i am completely unfamiliar with. I have been told to get myself a copy of 'Rayleigh and Lamb Waves: Physical Theory and Applications' by I.A. Viktorov. Therein lies my problem as it seems to be one of the rarest books out there.
: Could anybody suggest where i may be able to purchase of borrow this book?
: Also, are there other books and/or papers that may help as an introduction to the maths involved?
: Thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------

Dr.Victorov's book is out of print for years.You might try Amazon and put a request.Books appear at times from various sellers.In case you want a specific section I will be delighted to copied foy you and pdf it for you.Did you also try Prof. Joe Rose's new book on Lamb Waves and more ? Good luck to you. Sotirios

02:50 Dec-13-2005
Christophe Mattei
Re: Rayleigh and Lamb Waves Joseph L. Rose's book "Ultrasonic waves in solid media" covers surface and guided waves nicely and with some useful practical considerations. The maths hasn't changed since Viktorov's time though.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I have just started to look into this subject area which i am completely unfamiliar with. I have been told to get myself a copy of 'Rayleigh and Lamb Waves: Physical Theory and Applications' by I.A. Viktorov. Therein lies my problem as it seems to be one of the rarest books out there.
: Could anybody suggest where i may be able to purchase of borrow this book?
: Also, are there other books and/or papers that may help as an introduction to the maths involved?
: Thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------

00:03 Dec-23-2005
Biju N
Re: Rayleigh and Lamb Waves I happened to see this site. Try your luck.
electronics-forum.net

RAYLEIGH AND LAMB WAVES ? PHYSICAL THEORY AND APPLICATIONS by Igor
Aleksandrovich Viktorov. Published by Plenum Press in 1967. Library of
Congress Catalog Card Number 67-10537. Hardback in Very Good
condition. From Professor Richard A Rhodes II's personal library as
proven by his bookplate on the inside cover.
$55.00.

Hania Lux
706 North Glenwood Avenue
Clearwater, FL 33755
(727) 442-9132
HaniaLux@yahoo.com
Paypal ? edmund33731@asklux.com

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|