where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Mobile-Friendly Implementation in Progress

Technical Discussions
John James
Self Employed, Australia, Joined Jun 2005, 3

John James

Self Employed,
Australia,
Joined Jun 2005
04:51 Dec-22-2005
Automatic Eddy Curent Tube Inspection Analysis Software

Recently i have heard of several companies using automated analysis software for data analysis of ECT tube data.

Is there software like this in the market place? From my experience there is to many variables and scenarios i believe for effective and accurate software for this function.

Any comments

Regards

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 515

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
03:35 Dec-23-2005
Re: Automatic Eddy Curent Tube Inspection Analysis Software

There have been many attempts at this over the years, I first came across the (then) purely amplitude based DRECT system, developed by the then CEGB in the UK, around 1980. This evolved through a number of iterations, and the current ARTIST system can probably be regarded as its heir.

In the USA a nummber of companies (particularly Zetec) have deveoped systems which can provide automated screening of tube results based on a wide range of evaluation algorithms nd criteria

That is the point. These systems should be regarded as a screening tool, They will tell you this tube is fine, and this one is scrap, but in between is a whole grey area, You have to be either very conservative or willing to manually evaluate a fair number of 'marginal' applications.

But these days you normally need to log all the data anyway, and the extra processing for the screening does not add too much of a cost or time overhead. By eliminating 'clean tubes' and identifying the critical indications you can save a lot of time, and reduce operator fatigue and error.

Well worth considering if you test a lot of tubes.

Joe

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Recently i have heard of several companies using automated analysis software for data analysis of ECT tube data.
: Is there software like this in the market place? From my experience there is to many variables and scenarios i believe for effective and accurate software for this function.
: Any comments
: Regards
------------ End Original Message ------------

Franc Buijsen
Franc Buijsen
01:19 Dec-27-2005
Re: Automatic Eddy Curent Tube Inspection Analysis Software
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Recently i have heard of several companies using automated analysis software for data analysis of ECT tube data.
: Is there software like this in the market place? From my experience there is to many variables and scenarios i believe for effective and accurate software for this function.
: Any comments
: Regards

Corestar in the US has very strong software for this application in combination with their Omni 100 or Omni 200 Eddy current system.

For more info you can contact me at +31 165 552461 or look on their web site.

Franc

------------ End Original Message ------------

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System
The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers
Vidisco Ltd.
3 Showcases

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features
TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high
TecScan Systems
5 Showcases 4 Videos Product Video

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented
PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest
Eddyfi
4 Showcases 5 Videos Product Video

EKOSCAN Catalogue 2016
Ultrasonic products & equipment. Systems, probes, wedges & accessories for your needs.
EKOSCAN
6 Showcases

More Showcases

Share...

We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window