where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Comparison of Vee notch and U notch response
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

07:34 Jun-28-1999
David Harvey
Comparison of Vee notch and U notch response

We have historically used the EDM u-notch for our calibration reflector when testing nuclear-grade zirconium rod. The rod has diameter of 8 to 25 mm, with notch depths of about .25mm. We recently have had a number of customers request the use of the vee notch for standards on new orders. Is there anyone who knows of comparison data on the responses from vee and U notches? I would greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction for that information.

00:01 Jul-01-1999

Phil Herman Jr.

Sales, - Manufacture of NDT Reference Standards/Test Blocks
PH Tool Reference Standards,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: Comparison of Vee notch and U notch response David,

PH Tool Reference Standards manufactures EDM notch standards for NDT. We machine both "U" and "Vee-shaped" notches on ODs (and even IDs), oriented longitudinally and circumferentially. I have no response data cpmparing the two types, but would be glad to discuss the machining of various notch types on your supplied zirconium rod.

: We have historically used the EDM u-notch for our calibration reflector when testing nuclear-grade zirconium rod. The rod has diameter of 8 to 25 mm, with notch depths of about .25mm. We recently have had a number of customers request the use of the vee notch for standards on new orders. Is there anyone who knows of comparison data on the responses from vee and U notches? I would greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction for that information.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|