where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Canadian Institute for NDE
We are specialized in training for Radiography, Ultrasonics, Magnetic Particle, Liquid Penetrant, Eddy Current and emerging NDT technologies.

Technical Discussions
Sergiu Musteatsa
Sergiu Musteatsa
03:42 Jun-29-1999
Automatical Time Varied Gain

Dear Sirs,

Our company is looking a Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with automatical Time Varied Gain. Could anybody advise us products that have such feature. I will really appreciate your help.

Sergiu Musteatsa,
NDT inspector,
Romania

Norm Woodward
Norm Woodward
04:48 Jun-29-1999
Re: Automatical Time Varied Gain
: Dear Sirs,

: Our company is looking a Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with automatical Time Varied Gain. Could anybody advise us products that have such feature. I will really appreciate your help.

: Sergiu Musteatsa,
: NDT inspector,
: Romania

I am not familiar with "time varied gain", but if it means the ability to for the machine to automatically compensate for attenuation by increasing gain with distance, or time interval, many, if not most, flaw detectors have this feature. In the US, it is called "distance-amplitude correction" or DAC.

Norm Woodward

Sergiu Musteatsa
Sergiu Musteatsa
05:57 Jun-29-1999
: : Dear Sirs,

: : Our company is looking a Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with automatical Time Varied Gain. Could anybody advise us products that have such feature. I will really appreciate your help.

: : Sergiu Musteatsa,
: : NDT inspector,
: : Romania

: I am not familiar with "time varied gain", but if it means the ability to for the machine to automatically compensate for attenuation by increasing gain with distance, or time interval, many, if not most, flaw detectors have this feature. In the US, it is called "distance-amplitude correction" or DAC.

: Norm Woodward

Dear Mr. Woodward,
Thank you for prompt answer. In my question I mean the ability to automatically calculate DAC for material under test. As far as I know most of flaw detectors use for correction stored setups.

Sergiu Musteatsa

Wieslaw Bicz
Wieslaw Bicz
06:07 Jun-29-1999

: : : Dear Sirs,

: : : Our company is looking a Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with automatical Time Varied Gain. Could anybody advise us products that have such feature. I will really appreciate your help.

: : : Sergiu Musteatsa,
: : : NDT inspector,
: : : Romania

: : I am not familiar with "time varied gain", but if it means the ability to for the machine to automatically compensate for attenuation by increasing gain with distance, or time interval, many, if not most, flaw detectors have this feature. In the US, it is called "distance-amplitude correction" or DAC.

: : Norm Woodward

: Dear Mr. Woodward,
: Thank you for prompt answer. In my question I mean the ability to automatically calculate DAC for material under test. As far as I know most of flaw detectors use for correction stored setups.

: Sergiu Musteatsa

Dear Sirs,

If the flaw detector uses digital signal processing, it is possible to add such a function.
We can - for example - make it easily in our OPKUD device (see: http://www.optel.com.pl/manual/english/osc2.htm)

Sincerely

Wieslaw Bicz (Optel http://www.optel.com.pl)

Vadim Gusarov
Vadim Gusarov
04:31 Jul-01-1999
: Dear Sirs,

: Our company is looking a Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with automatical Time Varied Gain. Could anybody advise us products that have such feature. I will really appreciate your help.

: Sergiu Musteatsa,
: NDT inspector,
: Romania

I think our new flaw-detector will suit you. For details contact me or visit our Internet page: www.votum.md

Product Spotlight

35 years of VOGT Ultrasonics!

This year we are celebrating a company anniversary! 35 years have passed since we first took our t
est device and swung the probe on behalf of safety. But our ultrasonic know-how goes back many years..
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Trade-In Offer

We are offering our existing clients trade-in against Wavemaker® G3 systems, Standard (Blue) inflat
able rings and modules for excellent deals on the latest Wavemaker® G4mini system.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s