where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Sergiu Musteatsa
Sergiu Musteatsa
03:42 Jun-29-1999
Automatical Time Varied Gain

Dear Sirs,

Our company is looking a Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with automatical Time Varied Gain. Could anybody advise us products that have such feature. I will really appreciate your help.

Sergiu Musteatsa,
NDT inspector,
Romania

Norm Woodward
Norm Woodward
04:48 Jun-29-1999
Re: Automatical Time Varied Gain
: Dear Sirs,

: Our company is looking a Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with automatical Time Varied Gain. Could anybody advise us products that have such feature. I will really appreciate your help.

: Sergiu Musteatsa,
: NDT inspector,
: Romania

I am not familiar with "time varied gain", but if it means the ability to for the machine to automatically compensate for attenuation by increasing gain with distance, or time interval, many, if not most, flaw detectors have this feature. In the US, it is called "distance-amplitude correction" or DAC.

Norm Woodward

Sergiu Musteatsa
Sergiu Musteatsa
05:57 Jun-29-1999
: : Dear Sirs,

: : Our company is looking a Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with automatical Time Varied Gain. Could anybody advise us products that have such feature. I will really appreciate your help.

: : Sergiu Musteatsa,
: : NDT inspector,
: : Romania

: I am not familiar with "time varied gain", but if it means the ability to for the machine to automatically compensate for attenuation by increasing gain with distance, or time interval, many, if not most, flaw detectors have this feature. In the US, it is called "distance-amplitude correction" or DAC.

: Norm Woodward

Dear Mr. Woodward,
Thank you for prompt answer. In my question I mean the ability to automatically calculate DAC for material under test. As far as I know most of flaw detectors use for correction stored setups.

Sergiu Musteatsa

Wieslaw Bicz
Engineering,
PBP Optel sp. z o.o., Poland, Joined Feb 2009, 276

Wieslaw Bicz

Engineering,
PBP Optel sp. z o.o.,
Poland,
Joined Feb 2009
06:07 Jun-29-1999

: : : Dear Sirs,

: : : Our company is looking a Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with automatical Time Varied Gain. Could anybody advise us products that have such feature. I will really appreciate your help.

: : : Sergiu Musteatsa,
: : : NDT inspector,
: : : Romania

: : I am not familiar with "time varied gain", but if it means the ability to for the machine to automatically compensate for attenuation by increasing gain with distance, or time interval, many, if not most, flaw detectors have this feature. In the US, it is called "distance-amplitude correction" or DAC.

: : Norm Woodward

: Dear Mr. Woodward,
: Thank you for prompt answer. In my question I mean the ability to automatically calculate DAC for material under test. As far as I know most of flaw detectors use for correction stored setups.

: Sergiu Musteatsa

Dear Sirs,

If the flaw detector uses digital signal processing, it is possible to add such a function.
We can - for example - make it easily in our OPKUD device (see: http://www.optel.com.pl/manual/english/osc2.htm)

Sincerely

Wieslaw Bicz (Optel http://www.optel.com.pl)

Vadim Gusarov
Vadim Gusarov
04:31 Jul-01-1999
: Dear Sirs,

: Our company is looking a Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with automatical Time Varied Gain. Could anybody advise us products that have such feature. I will really appreciate your help.

: Sergiu Musteatsa,
: NDT inspector,
: Romania

I think our new flaw-detector will suit you. For details contact me or visit our Internet page: www.votum.md

Product Spotlight

On Demand Webinar: Using Eddy Current Array for Large Areas in Place of Magnetic Particle and Liquid Penetrant Testing

New on-demand webinar on the use of eddy current array (ECA) technology in lieu of liquid penetrant
testing (PT) and magnetic particle testing (MT) for large area screenings. The webinar includes an introduction to the technologies with advantages and disadvantages of each. Side by side examples are discussed including aircraft stringers, engine blades, forgings, weld plates & more. View it today.
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

VeeScan AirCraft Wheel Inspection

The VEESCAN offers maximum flexibility, has a proven mechanical design and records of breakdown-fr
ee operation of over 365 days. Appealing to companies in the Aerospace industry, the VEESCAN is ideal for all wheel-testing environments. With a wide selection of probes, the VeeScan allows your wheel testing facility the flexibility to select the most compatible configurations with their workload.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window