where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Richard
Richard
06:24 Mar-29-2006
pH sensor/probe

Right now, it appears that every pH sensor/probe I find requires a solution to take a reading. My problem is that in the early stages, there will be no moisture present, but may develop over time. I am looking for a sensor/probe I can put in place when the system is constructed and leave it to take periodic readings over an extended time period. The material I am working with is steel.

Am I up a creek or is there a pH probe/sensor that will perform whether or not it is in a solution?

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1235

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
02:27 Mar-29-2006
Re: pH sensor/probe
A strange problem indeed.
pH is a log scale that measures the acidity of alkalinity of a "solution" according to Oxford Science dictionary. It is a measure of the concentration of hydrogen ions in moles per cubic decimetre. Ions are usually in solution so your problem may be a "sticky wicket".

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Right now, it appears that every pH sensor/probe I find requires a solution to take a reading. My problem is that in the early stages, there will be no moisture present, but may develop over time. I am looking for a sensor/probe I can put in place when the system is constructed and leave it to take periodic readings over an extended time period. The material I am working with is steel.
: Am I up a creek or is there a pH probe/sensor that will perform whether or not it is in a solution?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Ethan
Ethan
02:48 Apr-04-2006
Re: pH sensor/probe
I have experience in designing/making ion selective probes. pH is the measurement of the Hydrogen ion activity in solution, for solutions that are less than one Molar in concentration.

You are trying to take the pH reading of a solid? Maybe we can help you solve this a different way. Could you please describe why you need this reading and we can help you work it another way?

Best Regards,
e

Product Spotlight

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System

The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers amazin
g 16 bit images which enable the highest \r\nlevel of detection and identification of hairline cracks. While weighing only 3kg (6.6lbs), this panel has the largest imaging area: 35 X 43 cm (14X17 in).
>

TOPAZ® 64: Fully Integrated Portable 64 Channel PAUT Instrument with FMC & TFM

Introducing TOPAZ64, the industry’s most intelligent fully integrated, portable 64-channel phased
array ultrasound (UT) instrument. TOPAZ64 combines code-compliant phased array UT with the industry’s most advanced full matrix capture (FMC) and total focusing method (TFM) capabilities. Featuring the highest acquisition frequency in its class, high resolution FMC and a 12” multi-touchscreen, users can easily visualize even the smallest flaws. TOPAZ64 can generate a bipolar pulse that provides more acoustic energy versus previous models for punching through thick components. The result is a portable tool that delivers increased inspection coverage, more accurate signals, and the ability to handle all UT inspections in one package. TOPAZ64 is ideal for challenging applications in transportation, oil and gas, manufacturing and power generation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window