where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Teletest
Teletest Focus+ was the first system to use long-range guided wave ultrasonic testing to detect corrosion in pipelines.
Technical Discussions
Richard
Richard
06:24 Mar-29-2006
pH sensor/probe

Right now, it appears that every pH sensor/probe I find requires a solution to take a reading. My problem is that in the early stages, there will be no moisture present, but may develop over time. I am looking for a sensor/probe I can put in place when the system is constructed and leave it to take periodic readings over an extended time period. The material I am working with is steel.

Am I up a creek or is there a pH probe/sensor that will perform whether or not it is in a solution?

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1266

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
02:27 Mar-29-2006
Re: pH sensor/probe
A strange problem indeed.
pH is a log scale that measures the acidity of alkalinity of a "solution" according to Oxford Science dictionary. It is a measure of the concentration of hydrogen ions in moles per cubic decimetre. Ions are usually in solution so your problem may be a "sticky wicket".

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Right now, it appears that every pH sensor/probe I find requires a solution to take a reading. My problem is that in the early stages, there will be no moisture present, but may develop over time. I am looking for a sensor/probe I can put in place when the system is constructed and leave it to take periodic readings over an extended time period. The material I am working with is steel.
: Am I up a creek or is there a pH probe/sensor that will perform whether or not it is in a solution?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Ethan
Ethan
02:48 Apr-04-2006
Re: pH sensor/probe
I have experience in designing/making ion selective probes. pH is the measurement of the Hydrogen ion activity in solution, for solutions that are less than one Molar in concentration.

You are trying to take the pH reading of a solid? Maybe we can help you solve this a different way. Could you please describe why you need this reading and we can help you work it another way?

Best Regards,
e

Product Spotlight

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built-in battery and internal wireless commu
nication, the NEOS III is perfect for users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window