where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Underground measurement without excavation
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Vallen-Systeme GmbH
The Acoustic Emission Company! Since 1987 Vallen stands for competence and continuity in AE and for reliable business cooperation and support.

05:37 May-16-2006
Bardia Emami
Underground measurement without excavation

For one of our projects, we need to measure the size of several existing underground foundations and piles without excavation. If anybody knows any measurement technique such as using Ultrasonic Wave of any similar technique that can help us, please contact me or send me the contact information: bardiae@SITE-Blauvelt.com

Thanks,

Bardia

09:27 Jun-14-2006
Shilla
Re: Underground measurement without excavation ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: For one of our projects, we need to measure the size of several existing underground foundations and piles without excavation. If anybody knows any measurement technique such as using Ultrasonic Wave of any similar technique that can help us, please contact me or send me the contact information: bardiae@SITE-Blauvelt.com
:
: Thanks,
: Bardia
------------ End Original Message ------------

what is the depth and size

00:27 Jun-16-2006

Ernst Niederleithinger

R & D, -
BAM (Fed. inst. for material research and testing,
Germany,
Joined Jun 2001
Re: Underground measurement without excavation Bardia,
Are the pile heads (or shaft near head) and foundation surface accessible?
if yes:
- piles: low strain pile integrity testing for length, if high accuracy is needed, use parallel seismics.
- slabs: ultrasonics. Special equipment needed, we use Russian shear wave point contact devices.

if no: no way.

Supply details, if more information needed. Questions welcome.

Best regards, Ernst
--
Dipl.-Geophys. Ernst Niederleithinger
Federal Institute for Material Research and Testing (BAM)

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: For one of our projects, we need to measure the size of several existing underground foundations and piles without excavation. If anybody knows any measurement technique such as using Ultrasonic Wave of any similar technique that can help us, please contact me or send me the contact information: bardiae@SITE-Blauvelt.com
:
: Thanks,
: Bardia
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|