where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Bardia Emami
Bardia Emami
05:37 May-16-2006
Underground measurement without excavation

For one of our projects, we need to measure the size of several existing underground foundations and piles without excavation. If anybody knows any measurement technique such as using Ultrasonic Wave of any similar technique that can help us, please contact me or send me the contact information: bardiae@SITE-Blauvelt.com

Thanks,

Bardia

Shilla
Shilla
09:27 Jun-14-2006
Re: Underground measurement without excavation
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: For one of our projects, we need to measure the size of several existing underground foundations and piles without excavation. If anybody knows any measurement technique such as using Ultrasonic Wave of any similar technique that can help us, please contact me or send me the contact information: bardiae@SITE-Blauvelt.com
:
: Thanks,
: Bardia
------------ End Original Message ------------

what is the depth and size

Ernst Niederleithinger
R & D, -
BAM (Fed. inst. for material research and testing, Germany, Joined Jun 2001, 7

Ernst Niederleithinger

R & D, -
BAM (Fed. inst. for material research and testing,
Germany,
Joined Jun 2001
00:27 Jun-16-2006
Re: Underground measurement without excavation
Bardia,
Are the pile heads (or shaft near head) and foundation surface accessible?
if yes:
- piles: low strain pile integrity testing for length, if high accuracy is needed, use parallel seismics.
- slabs: ultrasonics. Special equipment needed, we use Russian shear wave point contact devices.

if no: no way.

Supply details, if more information needed. Questions welcome.

Best regards, Ernst
--
Dipl.-Geophys. Ernst Niederleithinger
Federal Institute for Material Research and Testing (BAM)

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: For one of our projects, we need to measure the size of several existing underground foundations and piles without excavation. If anybody knows any measurement technique such as using Ultrasonic Wave of any similar technique that can help us, please contact me or send me the contact information: bardiae@SITE-Blauvelt.com
:
: Thanks,
: Bardia
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

Mentor UT – Ultrasonic Phased Array Flaw Detector

With Mentor UT, you get an accessible and efficient inspection experience. Create user-defined menus
and workflows (“apps”) with GE’s desktop software Mentor Create to ensure consistency, even for the most complex inspections, every time. Mentor UT is the first UT device to easily allow wireless connectivity and live streaming, so you get second opinions when you need them most—in real-time.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window