where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

AT-Automation Technology GmbH
AT -Automation Technology is a systems house for industrial image processing. AT offers thermographic ndt systems as well as high-speed 3D sensors.
Technical Discussions
Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1268

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
08:11 May-21-2006
Electric field strength

Can anyone advise me of the approxiate electric field strength (V/m) generated by an eddy current probe in a weakly conductive medium (e.g. inconel or hastalloy)?
I recognise that there can be a lot of variables to this "approximation" so an order of magnitude will be adequate.

Changqing Lee
Changqing Lee
03:18 May-22-2006
Re: Electric field strength
Hi, Ed,

You have only specified the specimens under test.

There is no way to give you an estimation. It varies even for an approximation. You have to specify the parameters of the coil and the current flowing in the coil in order to get a close guess.

For the parameters of the coil, you have to tell me or estimate the inner diameter of the coil, the outer diameter of the coil, the height of the coil and number of turns of the coil. Please specify the current intensity and the driving frequency as well. I will calculate it for you once I have those parameters.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Can anyone advise me of the approxiate electric field strength (V/m) generated by an eddy current probe in a weakly conductive medium (e.g. inconel or hastalloy)?
: I recognise that there can be a lot of variables to this "approximation" so an order of magnitude will be adequate.
------------ End Original Message ------------

nondyebo mshilita
nondyebo mshilita
00:02 Sep-19-2006
Re: Electric field strength tester
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi,can any out there help me on my design.im designing an electric field strength tester which is going to check the direction of the strong signal i'll use the antennas but now i dont have the comparing circuit

Product Spotlight

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window