where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

IMG ULTRASUONI SRL
Ultrasonic transducers for industrial applications (NDT) and medical (Doppler effect). Probes, Ultrasonic instruments, Special systems for NDT.
Technical Discussions
Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1300

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
08:11 May-21-2006
Electric field strength

Can anyone advise me of the approxiate electric field strength (V/m) generated by an eddy current probe in a weakly conductive medium (e.g. inconel or hastalloy)?
I recognise that there can be a lot of variables to this "approximation" so an order of magnitude will be adequate.

Changqing Lee
Changqing Lee
03:18 May-22-2006
Re: Electric field strength
Hi, Ed,

You have only specified the specimens under test.

There is no way to give you an estimation. It varies even for an approximation. You have to specify the parameters of the coil and the current flowing in the coil in order to get a close guess.

For the parameters of the coil, you have to tell me or estimate the inner diameter of the coil, the outer diameter of the coil, the height of the coil and number of turns of the coil. Please specify the current intensity and the driving frequency as well. I will calculate it for you once I have those parameters.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Can anyone advise me of the approxiate electric field strength (V/m) generated by an eddy current probe in a weakly conductive medium (e.g. inconel or hastalloy)?
: I recognise that there can be a lot of variables to this "approximation" so an order of magnitude will be adequate.
------------ End Original Message ------------

nondyebo mshilita
nondyebo mshilita
00:02 Sep-19-2006
Re: Electric field strength tester
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi,can any out there help me on my design.im designing an electric field strength tester which is going to check the direction of the strong signal i'll use the antennas but now i dont have the comparing circuit

Product Spotlight

New PHAsis module for longitudinal weld seam inspection

PHAsis® Phased Array manual ultrasonic spot weld inspection device is now ideally suited for test
ing of longitudinally welded seams (e.g. Arplas® seam, short line seams) with a length of 3 to 12 mm.
>

OmniScan™ X3 flaw detector

The OmniScan X3 flaw detector is a complete phased array toolbox. Powerful tools, like total focus
ing method (TFM) images and advanced visualization capabilities, enable you to complete your inspection with greater confidence.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window