where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

ULTRASOUND INSTITUTE
The Ultrasound Institute can develop new advanced ultrasonic measurement, imaging and NDT techniques for non-conventional applications.

Technical Discussions
Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1252

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
08:11 May-21-2006
Electric field strength

Can anyone advise me of the approxiate electric field strength (V/m) generated by an eddy current probe in a weakly conductive medium (e.g. inconel or hastalloy)?
I recognise that there can be a lot of variables to this "approximation" so an order of magnitude will be adequate.

Changqing Lee
Changqing Lee
03:18 May-22-2006
Re: Electric field strength
Hi, Ed,

You have only specified the specimens under test.

There is no way to give you an estimation. It varies even for an approximation. You have to specify the parameters of the coil and the current flowing in the coil in order to get a close guess.

For the parameters of the coil, you have to tell me or estimate the inner diameter of the coil, the outer diameter of the coil, the height of the coil and number of turns of the coil. Please specify the current intensity and the driving frequency as well. I will calculate it for you once I have those parameters.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Can anyone advise me of the approxiate electric field strength (V/m) generated by an eddy current probe in a weakly conductive medium (e.g. inconel or hastalloy)?
: I recognise that there can be a lot of variables to this "approximation" so an order of magnitude will be adequate.
------------ End Original Message ------------

nondyebo mshilita
nondyebo mshilita
00:02 Sep-19-2006
Re: Electric field strength tester
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi,can any out there help me on my design.im designing an electric field strength tester which is going to check the direction of the strong signal i'll use the antennas but now i dont have the comparing circuit

Product Spotlight

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window