where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Electric field strength
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

08:11 May-21-2006

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
Electric field strength

Can anyone advise me of the approxiate electric field strength (V/m) generated by an eddy current probe in a weakly conductive medium (e.g. inconel or hastalloy)?
I recognise that there can be a lot of variables to this "approximation" so an order of magnitude will be adequate.

03:18 May-22-2006
Changqing Lee
Re: Electric field strength Hi, Ed,

You have only specified the specimens under test.

There is no way to give you an estimation. It varies even for an approximation. You have to specify the parameters of the coil and the current flowing in the coil in order to get a close guess.

For the parameters of the coil, you have to tell me or estimate the inner diameter of the coil, the outer diameter of the coil, the height of the coil and number of turns of the coil. Please specify the current intensity and the driving frequency as well. I will calculate it for you once I have those parameters.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Can anyone advise me of the approxiate electric field strength (V/m) generated by an eddy current probe in a weakly conductive medium (e.g. inconel or hastalloy)?
: I recognise that there can be a lot of variables to this "approximation" so an order of magnitude will be adequate.
------------ End Original Message ------------

00:02 Sep-19-2006
nondyebo mshilita
Re: Electric field strength tester ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi,can any out there help me on my design.im designing an electric field strength tester which is going to check the direction of the strong signal i'll use the antennas but now i dont have the comparing circuit

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|