where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Frequency of probe for ET of tubes
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Controle Mesure Systemes
Contrôle Mesure Systèmes designs, develops and manufactures nearly 30 years a complete NDT range of products in eddy current and ultrasonic testing methods.

06:28 May-28-2006
Kaveh Edalati
Frequency of probe for ET of tubes

Dear friends
I'm working on eddy current testing of tube. How I should determine the frequency of probe?
Assume tube thickness is= 1 mm, outside diameter= 20 mm and material of tube is copper alloy.
Regards
Kaveh

03:26 Jun-18-2006
Ikesh Patel
Re: Frequency of probe for ET of tubes Dear Mr.Kavesh
You can use the formula,
F90= 3 x Conductivity / txt
Which will give you center optimum frequency.
Frequency is related to thickness and material only. Its nothing to do with diameter.
Thanks.
Ikesh Patel.

03:04 Nov-02-2017
Thongchai
Re: Frequency of probe for ET of tubes In Reply to Ikesh Patel at 03:26 Jun-18-2006 .

Dear Mr.Ikesh Patel
Sorry, i need to know ''F90'' what meaning please give me information.
Regards
Thongchai

23:48 Nov-02-2017

Anmol Birring

Consultant,
Birring NDE Center, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Aug 2011
Re: Frequency of probe for ET of tubes In Reply to Kaveh Edalati at 06:28 May-28-2006 (Opening).

which copper alloy ?

12:21 Nov-03-2017

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
Re: Frequency of probe for ET of tubes In Reply to Thongchai at 03:04 Nov-02-2017 .

F90 is the frequency where the ID and OD notch on your calibration tube will be at 90 degrees from each other. The ID horizontally and OD vertically.

04:35 Nov-05-2017

deepjyotidassoccer@gmail.com

India,
Joined Aug 2016
Re: Frequency of probe for ET of tubes In Reply to Michel Couture at 12:21 Nov-03-2017 .

Sir, please can u reply to some of my queries regarding Ect

1.while doing calibration,most of the time absolute channels will not get calibrated. What is the reason for that?
2.What is probe saturation?
3.In many cases, D90 channel will show a defect but the mixed channel will not show it as a defect although it is not a support.Should we consider the signal as a defect?

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|