where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Materials Research Institute
Consulting to the NDT industry.
Technical Discussions
Azhar Jamil
Engineering, NDT Mechanical Engineer
Pakistan, Joined Feb 2005, 3

Azhar Jamil

Engineering, NDT Mechanical Engineer
Pakistan,
Joined Feb 2005
04:10 Jun-03-2006
Re: Demagnetization

Dear Mr. K. Anandam

Thanks for your reply. We have a portable current flow (6K) MPI unit. I think we can use this for de-magnetization, what are your comments regarding that ... if possible explain the procedure in brief.

Regards
Azhar Jamil

ludovic klein
ludovic klein
01:49 Jun-07-2006
Re: Demagnetization
In fact I use some electrical cables in copper (95 mm²) and I make several turns all around the piece and I make an electrical current.
Regards
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Mr. K. Anandam
: Thanks for your reply. We have a portable current flow (6K) MPI unit. I think we can use this for de-magnetization, what are your comments regarding that ... if possible explain the procedure in brief.
: Regards
: Azhar Jamil
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window