where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
M.eskandarzade
Other, Technical Inspector Qoordinator
G.G.S Group, Iran, Joined Mar 2006, 10

M.eskandarzade

G.G.S Group,
Iran,
Joined Mar 2006
08:12 Jul-11-2006
EMATs

if it is possible tell me how is used reflection and transmission coefficients in the application of pipeline or plate flaw detection for determine the depth of cracks with the use of EMAT? also i don't know what does the mode mean (SH waves n1 mode & n2 mode..) in electromagnetic wave propagation?

mehdi
G.G.S Group, Iran, Joined Mar 2006, 10

mehdi

G.G.S Group,
Iran,
Joined Mar 2006
03:50 Jul-19-2006
Re: EMATs
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: if it is possible tell me how is used reflection and transmission coefficients in the application of pipeline or plate flaw detection for determine the depth of cracks with the use of EMAT? also i don't know what does the mode mean (SH waves n1 mode & n2 mode..) in electromagnetic wave propagation?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Dear Dr. Maxfield

thank you for useful information. approximately i get my answer.unfortunately i can not send you the messege on your e-mail. i won't forget your assistance.

best regards

Product Spotlight

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

AIS229 - Multipurpose Real Time System

Latest standard & automatic real time system developed by Balteau. The AIS229 has been designed to
do series inspection in a wide variety of industry. Composed of a shielded cabinet, 5 axis manipulator, x-ray generator and tubehead from 160kV to 225kV, a fl at panel & much more, the AIS229 is most certainly one of the most multipurpose RTR system available on the market.
>

Research and Application Development For NDT

Acuren’s Research and Application Development specializes in the development of advanced ultraso
nic inspection techniques and systems for challenging inspection applications, with an emphasis on practical solutions which are field deployable. Services include manual and automated ultrasonic inspection system development, inspection technique optimization using laboratory scale studies and ultrasonic modeling (CIVA, BeamTool), preparing technical justification for technique evaluation and qualification (Probability of Detection and sizing accuracy studies), inspection/calibration/analysis procedure preparation to support field deployment of custom techniques, and development of custom imaging algorithms to support challenging inspection applications.
>

Eddy Current inspection : RotoETscan Rotating Head

The rotating head RotoETscan detects the presence of longitudinal surface or sub surface defects a
t high speed. The rotating head is often installed directly on the production line. It is generally dedicated to the control of long products such as tubes, bars and wires, made of ferrous or non-ferrous material. It can also be used for inspection of small parts (billets).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window