where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

IDEKO S.Coop
We provide Precision, Quality, Reliability and Productivity in manufacturing processes among our knowledge of Inspection and measurement technologies

Technical Discussions
Richard Tsai
Richard Tsai
00:51 Jul-12-2006
Assistance with Pipe Analysis

Hi, I am working for an engineering firm in Palo Alto, CA, and we are looking at getting a pipe analyzed through non-destructive testing (most likely GPR means). I would like to ask for help in getting some contact information on companies in Northern California that perform this kind of work. Thanks.

Nick Sowa
Nick Sowa
01:55 Jul-13-2006
Re: Assistance with Pipe Analysis
Analyzing the integrity of piping is a common occurence utilizing NDT techniques. However, GPR is not used to determine the integrity of a system, but rather to locate the component in question. There are a vareity of other ndt techniques at our disposal depending on the service and operating conditions of the piping system. Conam Inspection has a facility near you in Benicia, CA. that has extensive expereince in piping inspections. I can put our management in touch with you if you so desire. Feel free to contact me at the email address listed or at 609-716-4156. Thanks,

Nick Sowa VP Sales & Marketing Conam Inspection
WE----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi, I am working for an engineering firm in Palo Alto, CA, and we are looking at getting a pipe analyzed through non-destructive testing (most likely GPR means). I would like to ask for help in getting some contact information on companies in Northern California that perform this kind of work. Thanks.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s