where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 278

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
01:51 Jul-28-2006
Subsea Ultrasonic Imaging

I am currently researching available capabilities in the area of Subsea Ultrasonic Imaging - specifically corrosion mapping and flaw assessment. I am already aware of Sonomatic and Force Institute if there are other companies out there offering this technology please contact me.

Godfrey Hands
Consultant,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 301

Godfrey Hands

Consultant,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
09:30 Jul-31-2006
Re: Subsea Ultrasonic Imaging
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am currently researching available capabilities in the area of Subsea Ultrasonic Imaging - specifically corrosion mapping and flaw assessment. I am already aware of Sonomatic and Force Institute if there are other companies out there offering this technology please contact me.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Dear John,

NDT Consultants Ltd. in the UK has their Guided Wave Ultrasonics system which can operate on pipelines etc. including underwater. This has the ability to detect corrosion and other defects, rank them in severity, and to locate them axially on a pipe within a "reasonable accuracy" (typically 100mm).

We also have a defect mapping device, our "Freescan", which can map defects in air. To date we have not been asked about sub-sea operations, but if required, our research department could work on this.

Contact me if you need more information.

Regards,

Godfrey Hands

Product Spotlight

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window