where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 280

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
01:51 Jul-28-2006
Subsea Ultrasonic Imaging

I am currently researching available capabilities in the area of Subsea Ultrasonic Imaging - specifically corrosion mapping and flaw assessment. I am already aware of Sonomatic and Force Institute if there are other companies out there offering this technology please contact me.

Godfrey Hands
Consultant,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 307

Godfrey Hands

Consultant,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
09:30 Jul-31-2006
Re: Subsea Ultrasonic Imaging
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am currently researching available capabilities in the area of Subsea Ultrasonic Imaging - specifically corrosion mapping and flaw assessment. I am already aware of Sonomatic and Force Institute if there are other companies out there offering this technology please contact me.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Dear John,

NDT Consultants Ltd. in the UK has their Guided Wave Ultrasonics system which can operate on pipelines etc. including underwater. This has the ability to detect corrosion and other defects, rank them in severity, and to locate them axially on a pipe within a "reasonable accuracy" (typically 100mm).

We also have a defect mapping device, our "Freescan", which can map defects in air. To date we have not been asked about sub-sea operations, but if required, our research department could work on this.

Contact me if you need more information.

Regards,

Godfrey Hands

Product Spotlight

On Demand Webinar: Using Eddy Current Array for Large Areas in Place of Magnetic Particle and Liquid Penetrant Testing

New on-demand webinar on the use of eddy current array (ECA) technology in lieu of liquid penetrant
testing (PT) and magnetic particle testing (MT) for large area screenings. The webinar includes an introduction to the technologies with advantages and disadvantages of each. Side by side examples are discussed including aircraft stringers, engine blades, forgings, weld plates & more. View it today.
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Eddy Current inspection : RotoETscan Rotating Head

The rotating head RotoETscan detects the presence of longitudinal surface or sub surface defects a
t high speed. The rotating head is often installed directly on the production line. It is generally dedicated to the control of long products such as tubes, bars and wires, made of ferrous or non-ferrous material. It can also be used for inspection of small parts (billets).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window