where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Volume Graphics GmbH
Leading industrial companies around the world look for defects in their products using Volume Graphics software.

Technical Discussions
Amy Quinn
Student
Bristol University, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 2

Amy Quinn

Student
Bristol University,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
03:07 Jul-14-1999
Huygens Principle

I am trying to locate a book on Huygens' wavefront principles entitled
"The mathematical theory of Huygens' principle" 1953, London, Oxford University Press (1953) by B.B. Baker and E.T. Copson,

for use in modelling ultrasonic fields.

If anyone knows how I could get hold of this book (I've tried searching my local universities library net service, BIDS, to no avail) or alternatively has any experience in modelling ultrasound pressure fields, especially through layered systems, and can provide me with any other useful material (Not the history of Mr Huygens, please)I would be very appreciative if they could contact me. Thanks

Robert (Rocky) A. Day
Engineering
Milky Way Jewels, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 40

Robert (Rocky) A. Day

Engineering
Milky Way Jewels,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
08:37 Jul-14-1999
Re: Huygens Principle
Although not specific to Huygens, a good reference is L. Brekhovskikh & O. Godin's 'Acoustics of Layered Media II' which covers such modelling with greater rigor than Huygens.

Regards,
Robert (Rocky) A. Day
Second Sound
Ultrasonic Systems
904 Cortland Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 641-4947
Fax: (415) 641-5502

: I am trying to locate a book on Huygens' wavefront principles entitled
: "The mathematical theory of Huygens' principle" 1953, London, Oxford University Press (1953) by B.B. Baker and E.T. Copson,

: for use in modelling ultrasonic fields.

: If anyone knows how I could get hold of this book (I've tried searching my local universities library net service, BIDS, to no avail) or alternatively has any experience in modelling ultrasound pressure fields, especially through layered systems, and can provide me with any other useful material (Not the history of Mr Huygens, please)I would be very appreciative if they could contact me. Thanks

Tadahiro Nomura
Tadahiro Nomura
03:02 Jul-16-1999
: : I am trying to locate a book on Huygens' wavefront principles entitled
: : "The mathematical theory of Huygens' principle" 1953, London, Oxford University Press (1953) by B.B. Baker and E.T. Copson,

: : for use in modelling ultrasonic fields.

: : If anyone knows how I could get hold of this book (I've tried searching my local universities library net service, BIDS, to no avail) or alternatively has any experience in modelling ultrasound pressure fields, especially through layered systems, and can provide me with any other useful material (Not the history of Mr Huygens, please)I would be very appreciative if they could contact me. Thanks

You can find it on www.amazon.com.
" mathematical theory of Huygens' principle" ISBN code is 0828403295.

Tadahiro Nomura
http://www.tokimec.co.jp/ENGLISH/index.html

cj federico
cj federico
04:27 Mar-20-2000
: I am trying to locate a book on Huygens' wavefront principles entitled
: "The mathematical theory of Huygens' principle" 1953, London, Oxford University Press (1953) by B.B. Baker and E.T. Copson,

: for use in modelling ultrasonic fields.

: If anyone knows how I could get hold of this book (I've tried searching my local universities library net service, BIDS, to no avail) or alternatively has any experience in modelling ultrasound pressure fields, especially through layered systems, and can provide me with any other useful material (Not the history of Mr Huygens, please)I would be very appreciative if they could contact me. Thanks

Product Spotlight

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

Swift & Scorpion2 - a state-of-the-art remote-control ultrasonic crawler

The Swift and Scorpion2 dry-coupled, remote-access ultrasonic crawler bring major efficiency and d
ata improvements to tank shell inspections and other structures such as vessels and offshore installations.
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s