where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Huygens Principle
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

03:07 Jul-14-1999

Amy Quinn

Student
Bristol University,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Huygens Principle

I am trying to locate a book on Huygens' wavefront principles entitled
"The mathematical theory of Huygens' principle" 1953, London, Oxford University Press (1953) by B.B. Baker and E.T. Copson,

for use in modelling ultrasonic fields.

If anyone knows how I could get hold of this book (I've tried searching my local universities library net service, BIDS, to no avail) or alternatively has any experience in modelling ultrasound pressure fields, especially through layered systems, and can provide me with any other useful material (Not the history of Mr Huygens, please)I would be very appreciative if they could contact me. Thanks

08:37 Jul-14-1999

Robert (Rocky) A. Day

Engineering
Milky Way Jewels,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Huygens Principle Although not specific to Huygens, a good reference is L. Brekhovskikh & O. Godin's 'Acoustics of Layered Media II' which covers such modelling with greater rigor than Huygens.

Regards,
Robert (Rocky) A. Day
Second Sound
Ultrasonic Systems
904 Cortland Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 641-4947
Fax: (415) 641-5502

: I am trying to locate a book on Huygens' wavefront principles entitled
: "The mathematical theory of Huygens' principle" 1953, London, Oxford University Press (1953) by B.B. Baker and E.T. Copson,

: for use in modelling ultrasonic fields.

: If anyone knows how I could get hold of this book (I've tried searching my local universities library net service, BIDS, to no avail) or alternatively has any experience in modelling ultrasound pressure fields, especially through layered systems, and can provide me with any other useful material (Not the history of Mr Huygens, please)I would be very appreciative if they could contact me. Thanks

03:02 Jul-16-1999
Tadahiro Nomura
Re: Huygens Principle : : I am trying to locate a book on Huygens' wavefront principles entitled
: : "The mathematical theory of Huygens' principle" 1953, London, Oxford University Press (1953) by B.B. Baker and E.T. Copson,

: : for use in modelling ultrasonic fields.

: : If anyone knows how I could get hold of this book (I've tried searching my local universities library net service, BIDS, to no avail) or alternatively has any experience in modelling ultrasound pressure fields, especially through layered systems, and can provide me with any other useful material (Not the history of Mr Huygens, please)I would be very appreciative if they could contact me. Thanks

You can find it on www.amazon.com.
" mathematical theory of Huygens' principle" ISBN code is 0828403295.

Tadahiro Nomura
http://www.tokimec.co.jp/ENGLISH/index.html

04:27 Mar-20-2000
cj federico
Re: Huygens Principle : I am trying to locate a book on Huygens' wavefront principles entitled
: "The mathematical theory of Huygens' principle" 1953, London, Oxford University Press (1953) by B.B. Baker and E.T. Copson,

: for use in modelling ultrasonic fields.

: If anyone knows how I could get hold of this book (I've tried searching my local universities library net service, BIDS, to no avail) or alternatively has any experience in modelling ultrasound pressure fields, especially through layered systems, and can provide me with any other useful material (Not the history of Mr Huygens, please)I would be very appreciative if they could contact me. Thanks

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|